Nyctophobia? [OPEN 8D]

Go down

Nyctophobia? [OPEN 8D]

Post by Rayquaza7996 on Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:50 am

[No reference images. Characters are:
Voltera: 5'6.5". Day elf. Dark hair, usually ponytailed; hollow bones. Tanned, partially from living in the sun her whole life. Nyctophobic. Celestial hunter in her old home, who found the sacrifices the Sun-goddess wanted - usually animals. Rides a celestial-colored (scarlet and gold) creature that seems like a cross between a bird and a dromeosaur, also very lightweight. Relies on poisoned arrows, as she's too weak to use more than a child's bow. Quite in-shape due to her profession.
Sunbind: 4'6". Celestial day quetzal. Scarley and gold, covered in feathers, long wings stretching from shoulder to tail similar to this dragon's wings. Fire- and light- based, due to her position as child of the Sun Goddess of the land Akeno. She has a sharp beak...
Brightfang: A large, ostrich-like bird built like a dromeosaur, bright red feathers cover its entire body except its scaly legs, it has a thick, fanged snout like that of a dinosaur and a similarly scaly tail, as well as the clawed feet of a dino. I'll draw a picture later. ]

The elf stirred with a groan. Oh god, she hurt. And - oh god oh god oh god dark...dark dark dark...very scary...She frantically searched for with her hands and then shook Sunbind, her familial spirit, awake, and the pair immediately started a small fire. Light generated, she looked around for her findbred mount, Brightfang, and with Sunbind's help managed to drag her about two feet to her little campfire. She was still alive, but the bird really couldn't stand the dark. In the northern half of Stari, it never was night. They were completely blind in it...

Nyctophobia.

Last edited by Rayquaza7996 on Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

Rayquaza7996
Crazy Snake Lady!

Rhune stones : 533

Back to top Go down

Re: Nyctophobia? [OPEN 8D]

Post by MousenHeath on Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:58 am

Her paws made no sound as she padded through the heather. The females markings glowed softly with a strange light. Arrats looked around; all too aware of the fact she was visible. Perhaps the glow of her coat could be mistaken as witchlights. But it may not be long before she had company. Something the seer wanted to stay away from. She was a mysterious entity. She was Mousen's second cousin (three times removed) that wasn't important really; but what was important was the fact she had three forms to date. Each glowing along the lines of the lace marking. She was Nyxia's gifted Seer, as such she played a very important role. Well she would do if she wasn't stuck in the moors trying to find an old abandoned church-thing that had been their as long as Nyxia had been. "This is hopeless." She muttered under her breath, Arrats' many tails flicking back and fourth as she spoke, the blue light leaving patterns in the ark air.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________
Down the winding path he trod,
Kilholmes in his wake.
For the silvy estolhod,
And the hoolesnake.
MousenHeath
The Scary Admin. Mwahaha!

Rhune stones : 150

http://islandofnyx.forum-motion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rayquaza7996 on Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:00 am

"What's what, Sunbind? There's some sort of weird blue glow..." She blew on the fire, carefully enlarging it. With the increased light, she could faintly make out the edges of some sort of horrible night-dwelling bloodsucking wolf. She carefully drew her bow, in case it attacked. Sunbind squacked like she was trying to say something - she was the Sun Goddess of her own land's daughter and recognized that this wasn't some sort of demon - but unfortunately, Voltera's Translate Celestial Hawk spell had worn off.

(now we see how Tera sees the sorld)

Rayquaza7996
Crazy Snake Lady!

Back to top Go down

Post by MousenHeath on Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:04 am

"Are you going to shoot me with that?" The seer asked in a sorrowful tone. Her eyes, only now picking out the fire and the woman with the bow. "I would not recommend it. For it is sure to get you off on the wrong foot, shooting Nyxia's best seer." She sighed, slightly, purple eyes glinting by the light of the fire.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________
Kilholmes in his wake.
For the silvy estolhod,
And the hoolesnake.
MousenHeath

Back to top Go down

Post by Rayquaza7996 on Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:12 am

"I think it's trying to psyche us out, Sunny. I don't know who this Nyxia is, but - what's that? You need me to refresh my translating spell? Sure, one sec." The girl concentrated and a soft orange ring of light descended around her before disappearing.

"Thank you. Now, as I was trying to tell you, this is some sort of celestia and not an evil bloodsucking creature or what have you. Jeeze, you're so paranoid, Tera."

Voltera blinked before sinking down to her knees in a bow, apologizing frantically. She knew nothing of her own companion's nature, and frankly it was better that way.

Rayquaza7996
Crazy Snake Lady!

Back to top Go down

Post by MousenHeath on Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:32 am

Arrats' tilted her head. "You just glitched here, yes?" That was obvious; she sighed inwardly; normally the glitched either starved or Nyxia found them; that or they managed to wander into civilisation. She wasn't good with these things. "No need to apologise; I'm a mere, prophet; a seer if you prefer." She was to say the least; confused. People that glitched were most strange; she could imagine their surprise and horror at finding themselves in a misty moor. But some of the strange things that they assumed. Once their was a glitched who refused to eat anything but carrots and he worshipped swedes and kept chucking them at Nyxia. Suffice to say Gwen had the time of her life, after Nyxia got completely sick of the constant bruises.

Kilholmes in his wake.
For the silvy estolhod,
And the hoolesnake.
MousenHeath

Back to top Go down

Post by Rayquaza7996 on Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:37 am

"A Farseer? Interesting. I'm Voltera, in a celestial huntress in service to the high sun. What's a glitch? I've never heard the term, except when some freaky nightsider became convinced the sun was a "glitch" in the sky. Freaks." Sunbind hissed in disapproval. Voltera had spent her whole life and only had seen night once, and so she tended to be...judgemental.

Rayquaza7996
Crazy Snake Lady!

Back to top Go down

Post by MousenHeath on Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:44 am

"I'm Arrats, in service to the... goddess Nyxia" Best leave out the fact she's the goddess of Night. (Well, technically she's Nyx the second so she's really the second goddess of night.) "Each realm has a fabric of it's own; leylines make up the seams of you will; and occasionally if tow of these cross; the fabic of the realm will tear; leading you to the nearest half-realm. Nyx, in out case."

Kilholmes in his wake.
For the silvy estolhod,
And the hoolesnake.
MousenHeath

Back to top Go down

Post by Rayquaza7996 on Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:48 am

"My goddess's name is Akeno. She is the great Light. Where I came from, there was no night...half a world of light, half dark. I went into the dark, and I could see naught the predators who chased me...I was nearly killed. I'm not too fond of the dark. Nyx? It sounds familiar, somehow. The Moon, fel demon goddess, though, she was Oneka. My attacker was one of her true servants - a serpent the color of her realm."" She sighed. "There's a scar on my back from where I took a nasty strike. Some crazy blue-haired chick from Nightside with a familiar she called Dah'kilre - that would be Deadlock, I believe, in their tongue - who rode on a young drake. Here I am, on my sunbird - that's what she is," and she pointed to the other, saddled creature, "and there's this drake coming out of the sky at me. I'm lucky I got away with my head still attached!"

Rayquaza7996
Crazy Snake Lady!

Back to top Go down

Post by MousenHeath on Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:39 pm

Arrats nodded, she wondered how the glitched would take it when she found out that Nyx was the realm of night. Generally Nyx was a place full of light, with moderate darkness in the middle. Through a gap in the fog, two of the three moons hung, their light not penetrating through the thick black mist. One was decidedly not round, even when full it seemed to be slightly lop sided. The second moon orbited the first, it was fast. Some even said, if you watched close enough you could see it move. Many had said it was impossible, they were later pushed off a cliff when they told everyone shapeshifters were completely harmless beings much like humans. As you may have guessed, it was infact the shapeshifters that rallied together to throw them off somewhere very high, with very sharp rocks at the bottom. Anyway, the third moon was a tiny thing, it was assumed the moon was glitched since it randomly appeared one day and has stayed (well, kind of) in Nyx ever since. It's orbit seemed to be highly random it tended to pop up when ever it wanted to. Bot for now, it remained hidden.

"Deadlock? Interesting..." She wasn't going to interfere, Arrats would be better off watching the scene from a scrying glass."Very lucky." She echoed, hoping nodding and looking understanding would get her through this encounter.

Kilholmes in his wake.
For the silvy estolhod,
And the hoolesnake.
MousenHeath

Back to top Go down

Post by Rayquaza7996 on Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:00 pm

"Yes, that was her name. I later learned her and her master were at least somewhat famous fighters of their land, and they would have been more famous if they'd shown up more often to fight instead of running off to capture our wild fauna. Makes sense with her name, Thaki'eyia, literally "ex-dayraid" or such, meaning "night thief." She hissed. "So she was committing a crime worse than killing our people. The sunhawks - like Sunbind here - are holy birds that serve the Great Sun. Me? I was a celestial huntress - a sort of priestess who hears the words of the goddess's wants and sacrifices what she asks for. I'd been searching for the Twilight Bats at the shores of the river separating Night and Day - rare, challenging to hunt, but good eating, for a goddess too, I suppose - when I was attacked. When will the Sun return here?"

Sunbind sighed. Voltera was very naive.

Empty house far away
lost in lonely space
you know you felt the same

From the shallows of love
to the depths of your scars
you know you want to change

In the rafters of fate
fixed and spinning late
there is a certain fear

Even light with control
lights outside our homes
wait for every tear

So exit the fall and now it's over
you're letting it fall before your heart
so exit the fall and now it's over
you're letting it fall before your heart

Rayquaza7996
Crazy Snake Lady!

Back to top Go down

Post by MousenHeath on Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:41 am

"In this part?" Arrats asked, sounding slightly surprised by the question. "Well, the moors and the Forests of Nhimn, in a general that way direction, are well known to be the darkest parts of Nyx. So, the light doesn't really ever 'return here' but the sun will soon be up in some of the other parts of the island." She added the last part on hastily; not wanting to sea Voltera's reaction to there being no light in general. "Sounds horrible." She comforted; this was rather against Arrats' character to do so; but she always felt like she should be careful around the newly glitched; they were like rabid dogs; you never know what might set them off.

Kilholmes in his wake.
For the silvy estolhod,
And the hoolesnake.
MousenHeath

Back to top Go down

Post by Rayquaza7996 on Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:44 am

She shivered and literally grabbed for Sunbind, holding her close.

"It'll be okay...It'll be okay...Please, could you tell us where to go to see the sun? It's so dark and I miss the light so much...At home we always had light...The light never abandoned us...it kept us warm..."

Empty house far away
lost in lonely space
you know you felt the same

From the shallows of love
to the depths of your scars
you know you want to change

In the rafters of fate
fixed and spinning late
there is a certain fear

Even light with control
lights outside our homes
wait for every tear