*~A little Quest~*

Go down

*~A little Quest~*

Post by MousenHeath on Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:47 pm

A small cough behind you makes you spin round. A very thing leggy creature looks up at you, the gold flecks on his coat glittering slightly as he moved. "I'm a Seth Hound. Once rare, but out numbers are growing, and we find ourselves out of space at the Noi Temple. So I come here looking for good owners, but you must prove yourself; that is the way of Nyx, no?" He pauses for a moment. "So I have a proposition for you; A certain young student at the Shroom academy "borrowed" something of mine, I'd like it back. Unfortunately, he lost it. To prove yourself find and return it to me." There's a slight smile on the hound's face as he says this; seemingly amused. This sounds alot more difficult than it did on first glance, you were only here to take home a new pet, not to chase all over Nyx in the hope of finding a random item that could be anywhere.

"Fear not, my little friend, for it should be quite simple, this time around, the instructions are by the front desk of the Library and do be swift... I dislike waiting..."

Last edited by Mousenheath on Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:03 pm; edited 2 times in total
MousenHeath
The Scary Admin. Mwahaha!

Rhune stones : 150

http://islandofnyx.forum-motion.com

Back to top Go down

The Rules and Such Stuff.

Post by MousenHeath on Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:02 pm

Seth Hounds are the intelligent Guardians of the Noi Temple and The Great Nyxian Library, they are known for their nasty habit of letting people in and not letting them back out again. Their wits are as sharp as their retractable claws. Hounds are always cold to the touch and cannot reproduce, they have to be "forged" as they are statues brought to life by the goddess Nyxia, during the great Nyxian war, many died. It is only she she has concentrated on bringing their numbers back up. It is impossible to fool or trick a Seth hound. They tend to be loyal, sly, quick on their wits and dangerous if angered. Most Seth Hounds are terrible vain, and that is often their downfall.

Rules

You have an unlimited amount of time to find the specific item Chara-Caun asks for.
The item will be an image tacked onto the end of someone's post, You will only find the item in the roleplay forum, they can be in any topic on the first page, though they can be anywhere through the topic.
One you have found it, pm me the link (Of the page, of the topic where you found it) and you will receive one Seth Hound, however, once you have found it once, you can be assigned a new quest. That is once he has one to give you.

The reward (first quest.)

The first quest item.
The Shroud of Spring. A rare cloak that camouflages the user.

The reward (second quest)
Rose quartz seth hounds are the most loyal and loving of their breed. They tend to be motherly and look after everything around them. They will not hold for violence and their will be consequences if you harm another around them.

The second quest item.

A rare cloak that camouflages the wearer during Autumn when the Shroud of spring becomes useless.

The Reward (Third Quest)

These are the Bloodstone Seth Hounds; these tend to have a dark nature. Many have an obsession with blood; their hearing is much better than the other breeds and they can pin point important veins. As such they often make good healers; or murderers...

The Challenge.
Answer this riddle of mine,
Please don't cheat,
Please take your time.
Tell me in secret the answer to this;
The Prize is something you'd better not miss.

The Riddle:
"I member of your family am I,
I have a face, but no eyes.
Two hands I have, with no fingers to hold,
If you are late,
I'm worth a weight in gold.
What am I?"

Please remember you can only take on the first quest, well first, then you can move on to the next one.
Better get looking! When taking on a quest please post in the thread, and when you have found you item you can post there too.

Last edited by Mousenheath on Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:25 am; edited 1 time in total
MousenHeath

Back to top Go down

Re: *~A little Quest~*

Post by Pickle on Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:34 pm

Pickle smiled. 'Well, that definately sounds intriguing. I'd like to take on the quest!" she said excitedly. What fun this would be! And a new adorable pet if she won! With strong determination, she set out to find the Shroud of Spring.
Pickle
Leader of the Invisible Ninjaas! I mean... Erm... Just plain Pickle.

Rhune stones : 324

Back to top Go down

Post by Rayquaza7996 on Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:56 pm

"Hey, I'll try. I'm bored as heck. It feels like I'm running out of places to explore." Rayd grinned.

Rayquaza7996
Crazy Snake Lady!

Rhune stones : 533

Back to top Go down

Post by Pickle on Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:34 am

Pickle ran back in again. "If it's alright, I'd like to join the second quest. I wasn't sure if I needed to tell you again, but better to be safe then sorry. Also, I'd understand if I weren't allowed to join again since I won the first quest, so just let me know if I can't participate." she said happily.
Pickle

Back to top Go down

Post by Arya Elfbane on Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:17 am

I'll join to.
Arya Elfbane
Elf Fangirl

Rhune stones : 81

Back to top Go down

Post by MousenHeath on Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:55 am

Since I forgot to update the code for the fist item; I'll let you join the second quest first. Though once I've updated to codes make sure you join the first quest first. ^^

____________________________________________________________________________________________________
Down the winding path he trod,
Kilholmes in his wake.
For the silvy estolhod,
And the hoolesnake.
MousenHeath

Back to top Go down

Post by MousenHeath on Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:26 am

"Another species of Seth Hound has been found. If you pardon the over use of simple rhyme my friends."

____________________________________________________________________________________________________
Down the winding path he trod,
Kilholmes in his wake.
For the silvy estolhod,
And the hoolesnake.
MousenHeath

Back to top Go down

Post by Pickle on Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:42 am

Pickle looked at the riddle in confusion. "As much as I dislike riddles, I suppose I'll join this Third Quest." she said. Time to get that brain working...
Pickle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down