*~Ups and Downs [OPEN!]~*

Go down

*~Ups and Downs [OPEN!]~*

Post by MousenHeath on Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:28 pm

My whole idea for Nyx was to mix humans (with no adoptable forms) and adoptables, so alot of my characters have no references.Oh and his name is Fairfax But he goes by Flax for short.)

This had to be one of the worst days if Fairfax's young life. Albion, the head master, was out. Nothing so bad about that? Wrong. It meant Bromkey was in charge. Bromkey was a sour old man, with little magic and a horrible attitude toward his students. Flax sighed and pushed his light brown, curly hair out of his eyes. Today was not going his way, not one bit. Bromkey was pure evil, he knew the book they needed was on the top floor, yet he didn't tell Fairfax that untill they had reached ground level. So he was forced to run up eight floors, up a narrow winding staircase, that took center stage in the magic stalk of the Shroom Towers. This was going to kill him one of these days. Fairfax was of a slight build and was relativity fit from running up and down those damn stairs all day. But he couldn't cope with running from the bottom to the top, when an angry magical theory teacher was yelling at him to hurry up. As Bromkey's calls faded Flax reached the top. The head master's study, the very place Bromkey wanted to be, Fairfax's quick eyes scanned the room, there it was. Flax allowed himself a small smile as he climbed the rickety book ladder to fetch it. For a moment he contemplated throwing the heavy book out the window and seeing how much damage a book like could to Bromkey's cranium, but he thought better of it. The only other stop was down a floor to the library, where Bromkey had convently left the three other books he needed. With a soft sigh, he entered the great library it was beautiful yes, but he didn't have time to stand in awe today. He hurriedly grabbed the books before, heading back down the stairs, slowly this time. The could only just see over the pile of books he was holding.
Down the spiral stair case again. This was going to kill him one of these days. It really was. Fairfax stopped only about half a flight up from the bottom. He had to catch his breath. "FAIRFAX! You Idiot boy! Where's my books!" Bromkey yelled. Flax jumped back surprised, tripping backwards on the hard wrought iron stair case. He failed his arms as he fell causing the books to fly everywhere.

Fairfax reached the bottom with a dull thud. He swore under his breath. A single book toppled down the stairs after him, landing painfully on his head. The room spun. After several moments of sitting dazed the young apprentice got to his feet. Where was Bromkey? Gone. Not only had he made Flax go to the top floor and back down again without sliding down the banister, he'd left with out him. Great. The oaf probably hadn't needed to books in the first place. Sighing Fairfax gave up and lay in the grass just by the entrance. Hopefully Linwood wouldn't stand on him.
MousenHeath
The Scary Admin. Mwahaha!

Rhune stones : 150

http://islandofnyx.forum-motion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: *~Ups and Downs [OPEN!]~*

Post by auntslappy282 on Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:31 am

(Hey! I'ma going to join okay?)

A young elf girl walked up to The Towers Of Shroom. She looked down as she saw a boy laying there with a book on his head. "May I ask if you are okay?" She asked, her long dirty blonde hair almost covering her ears. She had two ears piercings in her ears. They were both loops. She had a quiver on her back full of arrows, and a bow attached to her quiver. She was wearing a dark blue kimono dress. It was a short sleeved kimono. There was a light blue band around the waist. It was a knife halter that held a knife in it. At the end of the sleeves and the end of the dress part, there was a light blue fringe. It went down to her knees and she wore dark tight pants underneath it. She wore Light blue and dark blue boots. They had feathers at the top of the boot. She wore light blue fingerless gloves that went up to her elbows.
"I'm Joey. What might be your name?" She asked smiling.
auntslappy282
Teh not so agonizing Agony Aunt.

Rhune stones : 103

Back to top Go down

Post by Rayquaza7996 on Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:46 am

(Drassil gets a day off from housekeeping! <3)

Drassil sighed. After her research, it was natural that she'd stay outside the tower. The tall elf was wearing her typical garb - a brown leather dress that you couldn't actually tell the color of because of the thick layer of polished steel feathers that coated it, a few similar bladefeathers tucked in her hair, and leather slippers with black ravens of beads embroidered on them. Her staff, a long, thin oak stick with a (slighty bloodstained) crystal rotating at the top, was absent, however - if she really needed to defend herself, she'd either cast, or shift.

Housekeeping was a bore, what with Mocking and Rayd always adventuring. Her life sorta sucked. But Mari had offered to do the housework today...so she was here.

Who was that? Another elf? Interesting. With a whistle, she called her familiar, a crow, to stick close, and then approached her.

"I am Drassil! Who are you and your friend?"

Rayquaza7996
Crazy Snake Lady!

Rhune stones : 533

Back to top Go down

Post by MousenHeath on Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:29 am

Fairfax groaned. "Of course I'm not okay, I fell down a slight of stairs with fifty pounds worth of books in my hands." With a sigh he stood up, being tall for his age he was atleast a head higher than the elves, even if one was tall for it's species. "I'm sorry, I'm just annoyed at the magical theory teacher. I'm sure I outrank him anyway, I'm Fairfax, or Flax if you prefer."

(Short)

____________________________________________________________________________________________________
Down the winding path he trod,
Kilholmes in his wake.
For the silvy estolhod,
And the hoolesnake.
MousenHeath

Back to top Go down

Post by Rayquaza7996 on Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:05 am

"Dearie me, that sounds painful! I could try to heal it..." Truth be told, Drassil thought of herself as everyone's mother. She couldn't stand the thought of anyone, friend or not, going through preventable pain.

Rayquaza7996
Crazy Snake Lady!

Back to top Go down

Post by auntslappy282 on Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:32 am

Joey was a very tall elf though she still was shorter then the boy. She smiled then stood up. "I'm Joey," She said. "I know how you feel about having to deal with teachers. They can be a pain," Joey said smiling. She ajusted her bow on her back and looked at Drassil. "Nice to meet you both," She said.
auntslappy282

Back to top Go down

Post by MousenHeath on Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:18 am

"He's out to get me, he almost boiled my rat, he was going to eat him! He's my familiar too, he'd squash my magical ability if he did that." It was quite obvious Fairfax was going to hold that grudge for the rest of his life; possibly longer.
"What are you to doing here anyway? Don't most Elves live in the southern clans down on Rhou?" Flax was honestly curious; he had a thirst for knowledge, making him the ideal material to become Nyx's main apprentice.

(Short)

____________________________________________________________________________________________________
Kilholmes in his wake.
For the silvy estolhod,
And the hoolesnake.
MousenHeath

Back to top Go down

Post by Rayquaza7996 on Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:20 am

"I was born elsewhere, you could say. A friend of mine, Rayd Deadsong, and her familiar Deadlock, hit a glitch and I followed here...Oak here is my familiar, but my magic isn't tied to him. Is that a Nyxian thing?" she asked, equally puzzled.

Rayquaza7996
Crazy Snake Lady!

Back to top Go down

Post by auntslappy282 on Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:41 am

"I wasn't born here either. I was born into another family and I wound up here after entering a forest. I've been wandering around ever since, I personally don't know how this happened," Joey said. She looked at the others, puzzled.

Last edited by auntslappy282 on Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:41 am; edited 1 time in total
auntslappy282

Back to top Go down

Post by MousenHeath on Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:00 am

"Finding your familiar unlocks your magical potential as such; most familiars are rarely seen, because if harmed or killed if effects the magician greatly." It was then Fairfax turned to Joey. "Nyx, is a half realm; a realm between realms if you will, and several realms are attached to it, if there's a small gap in the fabric of the realm, anything near that "glitches" and falls into Nyx; a reality created by Nyxia Noir; trying to escape her brother Nox Noir in around- Sorry, am I boring you?"

Kilholmes in his wake.
For the silvy estolhod,
And the hoolesnake.
MousenHeath

Back to top Go down

Post by Rayquaza7996 on Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:36 am

"For us, when you find the beast within - nature worshipper thing - you'll also find your sy'athara, your "true form". Though we can take many forms, this is our true form, our great form. At this point, a master of the form - a crow, in my case - comes to you. We call them "fae'athara," literally familiar form, so yeah." Drassil smiled.

Rayquaza7996
Crazy Snake Lady!

Back to top Go down

Post by auntslappy282 on Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:44 am

"It's not boring. It's interesting. I actually know what your talking about Drassil. I have a wolf form. It was confusing since I grew up with a normal human family. They aren't elves." Joey said smiling. Her ear twitched as she heard a noise from behind them. She pulled out her bow and strung it and nocked an arrow on it.
auntslappy282

Back to top Go down

Post by Rayquaza7996 on Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:46 am

"Us being me and my race, silly. I'm foreign, from a society of...total nature worship? Yeah, pretty much. It always annoyed Rayd when we went out on heroic adventures and our taboos kept me from wearing any armor, only a fine leather."

Rayquaza7996
Crazy Snake Lady!

Back to top Go down

Post by MousenHeath on Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:05 am

"Sounds very interesting, something I'd like to learn about. Our main religion is that of the Tynged Teithwyrs, or fate travellers if you prefer. We have some that worship the goddess high in the Cheng Mountains, and we have our fair share of Glitched people with their religions. One of them was yelling at me the other day... Talking some nonsense about... "A Holy Grail?" I couldn't understand a word of it; Least you know where you are with the Tynged Teithwyrs, even if they are strange." Fairfax chuckled to himself, he wasn't one of the Tynged, but still he found most other religions crazy.

Kilholmes in his wake.
For the silvy estolhod,
And the hoolesnake.
MousenHeath

Back to top Go down

Post by auntslappy282 on Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:11 am

Joey smiled. "A sad thing is that I know nothing about where I came from. I was taken from my family when I was very young and given to my other family. We went to church every Sunday morning. I didn't like it and neither did the people there. They all thought I was weird because I am an elf," Joey said. She looked off into the distance and put her bow and arrow away. She closed her eyes and listened to the sound of the wind. "So where is your teacher any ways?" She asked Fairfax.
auntslappy282

Back to top Go down

Post by Rayquaza7996 on Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:12 am

"All of us are weird. But I've met a couple of our gods - the lady of moonlight in our land was especially important, since I suppose I'm a bit of a nocturnal fellow. Not anymore, though, Oak has me rising early." Drassil laughed. "Holy grail? Sounds crazy."

Rayquaza7996
Crazy Snake Lady!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down