Daddy? Not on my watch. (finished)

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Daddy? Not on my watch. (finished)

Post by Pickle on Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:21 am

Ray flew aimlessly through the Forest. He had come here to enjoy the peacefulness away from work and stress. Sadly, though, it only seemed to follow him.
Ever since he had been labeled the mean one around the Cottage, Pickle ordered him to learn to be loving and kind. So, she gave him this... curse. it wasn't an actual curse, but it did seem hard to get rid of. As he flew, he found the little egg that his tail was currently wrapped around seemed to be getting heavier and heavier. He sat down in the soft grass and laid the egg down a few feet away. No matter where he left it, it would always appear in front of him. Pickle said this was until he learned to be responsible and caring for the responsibilities put before him. He hated it with all his might. Out of false love, though, Ray smoothed the soft grass around the edges of the egg thing. He wasn't about to go so far as to sit on the thing, but that should cover things for now. As he rested and stared at the little egg, the sun beamed out through the trees. He cocked his head and gazed at the egg, now a bit transparent. He saw the curled up little form of a baby quetzal. He refused to let his heart melt at the adorable little thing and closed his eyes. When he opened them, it was night time.
The egg was gone! at first he was worried, but then Ray reminded himself, Why do I care? Much to his upsetting, he found the egg had somehow ended up in the coils of his tail where is was warm and safe. "Sheesh, I can never get rid of this thing..." he muttered, moving away from it. He had never actually seen it move, but how else would it get from one place to another? He flew up into the trees and slept on a branch, hoping that by morning the blasted thing would be gone.

Last edited by Pickle on Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Pickle
Leader of the Invisible Ninjaas! I mean... Erm... Just plain Pickle.

Rhune stones : 324

Back to top Go down

Re: Daddy? Not on my watch. (finished)

Post by Rayquaza7996 on Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:05 am

(Deadlock. No reference image because the mother-of-quetzals is unique)

Deadlock was...discontent. The active, constantly moving, (pregnant) mother-of-quetzals couldn't be held down by her clutch, but even with all of Rayd's efforts to get her dear familiar's eggs to good homes, she knew some wouldn't be as happy as they would with her and Kael (or Bloodlord, really, but her former mate and her were no longer together. Mostly. Kael was used to having his partner also in an on-again, off-again relationship with the other, as Deadlock's particular, foreign species was not monogamous by nature and it was really extremely unusual for them to be like Deadlock at all).

Though she was caught in her thoughts, she did see some idiot quetzal in a tree...neglecting a very familiar egg. With a sigh, (Deadlock did so very much love terrifying people and breathing lightning at them, two other perks of being a foreign, nonNyx quetzal, but now was not the time) she carefully rapped him on the nose to awaken him.

"Hello, there! Did you realize the egg you are neglecting to care for and leaving in danger is from the clutch of an extremely volatile foreign traveler? I heard she's in these parts, you know, and she's a lady, and one's always to be polite to ladies." Deadlock smiled, perfectly aware that the fact that she was rather pregnant made her hard to take seriously.

Rayquaza7996
Crazy Snake Lady!

Rhune stones : 533

Back to top Go down

Post by Pickle on Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:17 am

Ray groggily woke up and looked at the Quetzal-lady in front of him. "It follows me. I'm trying to be rid of the thing." he said simply, rolling over. Ray knew he must sound crazybut here was no better way to explain it whether the woman understood or not. He didn't know where she came from, and niether did he care; Ray just wanted to sleep. He had no intentions of keeping that devil egg warm and or safe.
Before he shut his eyes, he took a look at the egg. It was now at the base of the tree, but in the same angle it had been laying in before about five feet away when he had fallen asleep.
Pickle

Back to top Go down

Post by Rayquaza7996 on Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:22 am

Deadlock snarled and shot lightning at him, enough to make his hair stand up."Did you know that there is, very nearby, a person who would probably attack you was she to hear that? You do realize that is the child of a vicious monster? I'm a traveler, I've met her. She acted really friendly, and then all of a sudden attacked me all vicious-like. I barely escaped with my life."

Rayquaza7996
Crazy Snake Lady!

Back to top Go down

Post by Pickle on Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:18 pm

"That would explain a lot. Who are you anyway, lady, and. Why do you care so much?" Ray asked in a tired tone. He hadn't seen the woman shoot lightning, since his eyes were closed, so he figured his hair was frizzing up due to humidity. "Maybe the mom would take it off my hands..." he muttered, rolling over on the branch forgetting that that's where he was. Ray was able to catch himself before he hit the ground. The egg was a few inches away, but he blinked and it was right next to him. He sighed. "Seewhat I mean?" he said.
Pickle

Back to top Go down

Post by Rayquaza7996 on Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:03 pm

"Probably not. I saw the girl about two weeks ago - I know she's in the area cause she was too preggers to go far, and we're the same species so I would now - and she was caring for five kids, too. She attacked me when I tried to play with them so she could have some alone time, apparently she was worried I'd hurt them." Deadlock blinked. The story she was telling was nearly true, though being the mother in the scenario changed it a bit, and that that been way back, originally. "That's very...interesting. Mari - my daughter from my first mate - was a bit like that with Kaido - my son from my second. I figured it was a motherly thing until Mari showed up pregnant, though. That was awkward because Kaido was her half-brother...I have an awkward life." True story. Of course, Mari was of Deadlock's race, and this was normal for the serpents - aside for the whole monogamy thing - but still! One wasn't supposed to breed with siblings!

Rayquaza7996
Crazy Snake Lady!

Back to top Go down

Post by Pickle on Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:40 pm

((O.o))
"I don't think a pregnant woman could hurt anybody." Ray said. Actually, he didn't think a regular woman in general could hurt anybody either. It was one of Ray's many flaws. Many, many flaws. "...Uhm... Well, I'd say that was too much information. That would be akward." he said.
Ray picked up the egg with his tail. He didn't know what to do with it, so he gently set it back down and smoothed the grass back around it. "Look lady, I don't know what to do with this thing. I'm obviously not the best caretaker in the world, whether I'd be trying to get rid of it or not. I just hope that when it hatches it'll leave me alone." he said.
Pickle

Back to top Go down

Post by Rayquaza7996 on Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:44 pm

((exactly. that's why I wrote Kaido and Mari and why their names reference an awkward couple in an obscure videogame))

Lol. Pregnant women couldn't hurt anybody. Haha. Deadlock grinned and opened her mouth widely in a rather creepy grin. And then she got bored and shot lightning at the idiot serpent, a rather large and dangerous bolt of it, though of course not enough to kill. Where was Mari when you needed her?

Rayquaza7996
Crazy Snake Lady!

Back to top Go down

Post by Pickle on Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:12 pm

Ray could barely even blink and the lightning was upon him. It was like being tazered. He fell to the ground and twitched a little, and it took a while to let the electricity wear of. "I s-stand corrected. Who are you?" he asked, not paying attention to the fact that while he was twitching on the ground the little egg had rolled over and was less than a centimeter from him. He was beginning to realize that this whole time the woman was talking about herself. Stupid Ray.

((o3o For the record the actual RWJ isn't this... meanie faced. >< But a lot of his jokes do include women in the kitchen. xD I just decided to mix his character up a bit~ o3o))
Pickle

Back to top Go down

Post by Rayquaza7996 on Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:05 am

"Actually, you twitch on the ground, corrected. I'm Deadlock Deadsong, mate of Kael Remar and sometimes Bloodlord Zul, and occasionally a couple others. Familiar of Rayd Deadsong. Mother of - well, a lot of hatchlings, but most prominently Kaido, Mari, and Indigo. And no, I'm not just violent because I'm how I am. I've been like this since I met Rayd. She helps me kill really nasty things sometimes." Deadlock couldn't help but smirk at the Bloodwine. Deadlock was a bit of a feminist, but then again, a real feminist wouldn't have kids with three or four different guys.

Rayquaza7996
Crazy Snake Lady!

Back to top Go down

Post by Pickle on Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:16 am

"Oh haha. Let me guess, you're the mother of this thing?" Ray said. Honestly, you'd think he'd be a bit more careful after getting struck down by lightning. He shakily got back up and hovered in place, then inched a bit away from the egg. He made the mistake of blinking, and it was right below him. "I really hope you don't think of me as a nasty thing, since I don't think your little egg that loves me so much would like that." He muttered.
Pickle

Back to top Go down

Post by Rayquaza7996 on Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:19 am

"By my third mate, Aero," she nodded. "Your problem is that your head is so full of idiot male that you can't wrap your head around the fact that one must respect the fact that most others could beat the crap out of them. I'm sure, if you learn that, you'll end up better."

Rayquaza7996
Crazy Snake Lady!

Back to top Go down

Post by Pickle on Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:02 pm

"Right..." Ray said. He was half expecting another bolt of lightning, but he tried to not look afraid. He looked at the egg, then he started inching his way around the tree. Every time he blinked, there it was. "Stop following me!" he said, now going faster and faster around the tree. Soon he couldn't even see the egg, but he never passed it up, so he assumed it was following him.
Pickle

Back to top Go down

Post by Rayquaza7996 on Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:10 pm

"As I said, your head's full of idiot male. A lot of it, apparently." Deadlock was rather enjoying watching the young Ray fleeing from such a tiny thing. "[b]Er...you're very incompetent, aren't you? It's clearly been cursed to you."

Rayquaza7996
Crazy Snake Lady!

Back to top Go down

Post by Pickle on Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:34 am

"Clearly." Ray said as he continued flying around and around the tree. The little egg was so annoying, mostly because if he were trying to flirt with girls at the Dock they would see the egg and ask, 'Is it yours?' And when he tried to explain, they just gave him a wierd look and walked off.
Pickle

Back to top Go down

Post by Rayquaza7996 on Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:41 am

"What's your big problem with it, anyways? It's not like you're swarmed with a full clutch, twenty kids, and having - ow! Rin!" A baby albino quetzal had started chewing on her tail.

"Mommy!"

Rayquaza7996
Crazy Snake Lady!

Back to top Go down

Post by Pickle on Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:38 am

"I don't know. Maybe the fact that I wasn't planning on having kids." he said in a 'no-duh' sort of tone. He continued running away from the little egg, thinking it was lined up with him on the other side of the tree. Little did he know, it was right below him, rolling and keeping up with his pace. Soon, Ray was out of breath, so he slid down the tree and sat down- right on the egg! He jumped up and yelled, "AHHH!" Clearly startled by the egg's sudden appeareance.

Last edited by Pickle on Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Pickle

Back to top Go down

Post by Rayquaza7996 on Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:42 am

"The curse'll wear off when it hatches. I can see why you wouldn't want kids, though, mine are a - Tilapia, not the tail!" Another tiny hatchling had started chewing Deadlock's tail. "[b]I'm sticking with Kael and Bloodlord from now on!"

Rayquaza7996
Crazy Snake Lady!

Back to top Go down

Post by Pickle on Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:45 am

"Yes, I can see your's are just lovely." he said sarcastically. He gave up on trying to get rid of the little egg and picked it back up with his tail. "Well, I'm going to continue my trip, thank you." he said, flying off. He didn't want to stick around with this creepy lady much longer.

Last edited by Pickle on Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Pickle

Back to top Go down

Post by Rayquaza7996 on Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:48 am

"Have a shamefully horrible day! Also, that egg? These two are its clutchmates!" Deadlock said with a grin. That had been fun. "Now, let's get you babies a bite to eat..."

Rayquaza7996
Crazy Snake Lady!

Back to top Go down

Post by Pickle on Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:43 am

Ray ignored that first remark. "Wait... clutchmates? Then why hasn't this little booger hatched yet?" Ray asked, stopping. He didn't fly back over to her, though, since he was sure there might be a chance that he was the little monsters' dinner.
Pickle

Back to top Go down

Post by Rayquaza7996 on Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:54 am

"Cross-breeding. Some species take longer than others, and their father's species had longer hatch-times. These two took after me, though. Why do you have hair?"

Rayquaza7996
Crazy Snake Lady!

Back to top Go down

Post by Pickle on Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:14 am

Ray nodded. I see. And that last question was kinda random... I don't know." he said, smirking. "Maybe Nyxia loves me."
Pickle

Back to top Go down

Post by MousenHeath on Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:30 am

A dark blue mist shimmered, slowly it materialized into a slender figure, draped in a black dress and midnight blue cloack. Dark grey eyes contrasted against pale skin and a mane of black, tangled, curly hair. It was none other than Nyxia Noir, otherwise known as the Goddess of Night. She stood up tall and imposing(As tall and imposing as five feet six inches can be). She cast a kind smile at Deadlock, she'd always admired mothers, herself not being able to stand the thought of kids. Constantly with the yelling and- Nevertheless Deadlock was possibly the most famous mother on Nyx. It was then she turned to Ray, her eyebrows raised. "Who ever gave you that... Poof must have either been very drunk or very stupid. I haven't drunk, not alcohol anyway since the wine incident in Greece and I'm not stupid. Therefore, Ray it wasn't me. I belong to the night. Not... poofy hair do's" She couldn't help but stick her nose in. She enjoyed shocking people. She just hoped she hadn't shocked Deadlock, she doubted she would have, from what she had heard about her she was made of stronger stuff. Ray, thankfully was another matter. Shocking him would be rather fun.

Nyxia was in a bad mood. Though a little bit of torment always raised her spirits. Nothing too upsetting mind you, she did have a conciousness.

(Nyxia is in a real bad mood. Something to do with Grim I think. When she's in a mood she tends to insult everything, she can get quite immature, though she idolizes mother's that don't need a male backing them up. Because Nyxia can never recall her own mother and only remembers the dismal treatment of women in realms other than Nyx. Timing, no?)
MousenHeath
The Scary Admin. Mwahaha!

Rhune stones : 150

http://islandofnyx.forum-motion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rayquaza7996 on Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:50 am

Deadlock laughed a bit, Mockingbirds had done that sort of thing constantly, but Nyxia's trick scared Tilapia and Rin. Deadlock smiled gingerly and touched each one on the nose. "It's okay. This is Lady Nyxia. She's nice to good little girls and boys who treat each other with respect. His hair is poofy because I zapped him for being a jerk, miss." Deadlock wasn't really the most respectful girl, having had had as many children as she had, but still...

((Deadlock's clutchfathers, Kael, Bloodlord, and Tin, rarely accompany her. Kael's allergic to nearly everything on Nyx to the point of fatality, so he never ventures outside, Bloodlord's religion rules over everything else, and Tin was a temporary deal anyhow. Really, Deadlock just hangs out with them when she needs company. She grew up in an underground community of religious zealots worshiping a winged mutant fish as a member of a polygamous race.))

Rayquaza7996
Crazy Snake Lady!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next