Exploration? Yay!

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Exploration? Yay!

Post by Pickle on Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:21 am

Hang flew tward the base of the mountain. Miss Pickle had sent him here to find some herbs, but he wanted to come here to explore. He was only a child, and exploring was just one of the many childish games he came up with. 'Hang the Explorer'! It's too bad his name messed up the phrase, otherwise it might seem heroic in a way. He liked his name though, especially since it meant moon. His favorite thing in the world (even though wasn't not in the world, but in his childish mind it was), was the moon. When he grew up, Hang wanted to be able to fly to the moon. He had no idea that it was impossible, but he could imagine anything.
Pickle
Leader of the Invisible Ninjaas! I mean... Erm... Just plain Pickle.

Rhune stones : 324

Back to top Go down

Re: Exploration? Yay!

Post by Rayquaza7996 on Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:40 am

((if you don't mind my entry, my new cloth-hoarding Mystral is gonna be hanging out with you))

Shimmer herself was hunting through the many wild plants growing among said herbs. She wanted something good for making a fine indigo dye, and the proper plant could sometimes be found here. It wasn't common, but it could be found by someone who really wanted it. And Shimmer really needed that dye! Just as Hang loved the moon, Shimmer loved cloth. It was so shiny and clever! She did also enjoy the night sky. The stars and moon upon the beautiful, dark-indigo backdrop...exactly what she was trying to emulate in her latest work. But she needed the indigo plant as well as some blackberries - they were perfect when mixed.

She herself was pretty childish, and like most young girls she was obsessed with pretty things, fashion...she had just taken it a bit far. And by a bit far, it meant "her whole nest was lined with stolen silk bits." But she wanted the night backdrop. She could make such a nice cushion with it!

Rayquaza7996
Crazy Snake Lady!

Rhune stones : 533

Back to top Go down

Post by Pickle on Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:39 pm

((I don't mind at all! Welcome! Very Happy))

As Hang flew around in circles, doing loops and coming very close to the ground, He caught a glimps of something different not to far away. As the 'explorer' he was playing in his game, he aimed to check it out. He quickly made his way over, not caring about stealth since it was a concept almost unknown to him. What he saw though, was another Quetzal. "Hi!" he immeadiately called out, eager for a reply from his newfound 'friend'.
Pickle

Back to top Go down

Post by Rayquaza7996 on Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:05 pm

Here it was, a lovely sprig or indigo. She carefully picked it and put it in the silky carry-sack swung around her arm. She was quite preoccupied and didn't even notice Hang until the dear quetzal had spoken. She whipped her head around, startled, but quickly smiled and regained her composure.

"Hi! I'm Shimmer! Who are you?"

Rayquaza7996
Crazy Snake Lady!

Back to top Go down

Post by Pickle on Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:22 pm

Hang squirmed with excitement when the Quetzal spoke. "That's a pretty name. Mine's Hang. It means moon," he said proudly. "Do you wanna play with me? I'm playing Explorer. It's fun, especially when I actually have to find something. I'm looking for... an 'herb'." He didn't know what an 'herb' was, but he did know that it was purple and leafy. Hang flew another loop, which ended in a crash-landing. "Whoops..." he mumbled, blushing.
Pickle

Back to top Go down

Post by Rayquaza7996 on Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:25 pm

"Wow, Hang means moon? That's cool! I'm like silk cause it's shimmery too! Ooh! I found what I was looking for, so I can play too! And herb? Which one?" Shimmer knew a lot about plants as she needed them to make her cloth pretty. Pretty. She watched him crash-land and giggled. "We all make mistakes, right?"

Rayquaza7996
Crazy Snake Lady!

Back to top Go down

Post by Pickle on Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:19 pm

"Yea, I guess we all do. Anyway, I need one that's purple and leafy. Up there," he said, pointing to the top of the mountain. He did another loop, not crashing this time, and flew a few feet up the mountain. Then he flew back, tapped her, and flew off again yelling, "Tag!"
Pickle

Back to top Go down

Post by Rayquaza7996 on Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:22 pm

Shimmer grinned and took flight, her messenger-bag hardly weighing her down. She flew high into the sky and carefully positioned herself before diving down to tap her newfound friend on the shoulder and use her momentum to soar high again.

"Tag!" she giggled softly.

Rayquaza7996
Crazy Snake Lady!

Back to top Go down

Post by Pickle on Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:35 pm

Hang laughed, a sound that was mixed in with snorts, and darted after her. He was overjoyed to have a new friend, and one of his species, for that matter. At the moment he was hardly even paying attention to the task at hand, and was just having fun playing tag. He saw a glint of something silver and shiny on the ground, though, and it naturally caught his attention. He immediately flew down and found, in the simplest matter, a shiny coin. What a rare occasion indeed! He picked it up in his little claws and flew tward shimmer. "Lookit!" he said proudly, flying along side her and showing her the coin. "Lookit what I
found!"
Pickle

Back to top Go down

Post by Rayquaza7996 on Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:04 pm

Shimmer examined the coin carefully. It was so very lovely!

"Wow! I guess we both found cool stuff, than! Cause I've got my lovely indigo branch! It might not look that pretty, but with enough of it you can make a cloth as soft as silk and as beautiful as the night sky!

Rayquaza7996
Crazy Snake Lady!

Back to top Go down

Post by Pickle on Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:09 pm

Hang smiled, his eyes widening. He loved the night sky almost as much as he loved the moon! "Wow!" he said happily. He was excited about his coin, no doubt. He had no idea that it wasn't worth much, but he counted it as a fortune anyway.
Hang grinned and flew close to Shimmer, then tapped her almost without warning and darted off again. "Taaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaag~!" hje called out behind him. And the game went on.
Pickle

Back to top Go down

Post by Rayquaza7996 on Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:13 pm

Shimmer followed rather happily. Tag was so much fun! She didn't have much in the way of friends, and it was so great to meet someone new! She darted forwards and came up from under him, lightly tapping his neck before dashing back low.

"Tag! <3"

Rayquaza7996
Crazy Snake Lady!

Back to top Go down

Post by Pickle on Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:34 pm

"Hey!" Hang said, giggle snorting as he dashed after her. They were getting further and further up the mountain, and soon they were flying over snow. He caught up to her and tapped her on the nose with his tail as he passed by. Soon, he got tired and came down for a landing in the soft snow, almost blending in. ''Brrrr" he mumbled, shivering. He didn't know it was so cold so close to the sun. It didn't make much sense to him.
Pickle

Back to top Go down

Post by Rayquaza7996 on Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:00 pm

Shimmer followed him into the snow happily. Being an Arctic species, and relatively newly migrated down herself, the snow didn't bother her at all but was instead a great way to cool down.

"It's nice, isn't it?"

Rayquaza7996
Crazy Snake Lady!

Back to top Go down

Post by Pickle on Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:23 pm

"Yea, I just don't know what it is. I've never seen this kind of dirt before," Hang said. He had no idea that this 'dirt' was actually frozen rain. He curled his tail around, making a small pile of it. patting it down with his claws, he was able to sculpt it into what looked like a smilie face with a tail. "Look! It's you!" he said hapily.
Pickle

Back to top Go down

Post by Rayquaza7996 on Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:34 am

She giggled. Dirt? Oh! What was he doing? Was he making a sculpture?

"Of me? Wow! Thanks, Hang!" She smiled and did the same with the snow around her. "Here's you!"

Rayquaza7996
Crazy Snake Lady!

Back to top Go down

Post by Pickle on Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:33 am

Hang smiled. "You're welcome. And Cool! You're real good at it." He sculpted another, which resembled a lump with a head and arms. "This is the nice lady who takes care of me," he said proudly. Then he made a snowball and quite childishly flicked it over at Shimmer, laughing.
Pickle

Back to top Go down

Post by Rayquaza7996 on Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:57 am

Shimmer giggled. She loved snow. "I live kinda by myself in a lady's clothes drawer. Here she is!" She shaped a vaguely elflike face, and then flung it at hang in retaliation. "This is fun!"

Rayquaza7996
Crazy Snake Lady!

Back to top Go down

Post by Pickle on Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:56 am

"I told Pickle that I can take care of myself, but she said I was still too young. It's not fair. Zal gets to do whatever she wants!" Hang said, pouting. Then he got hit by Shimmer's snowball and he started laughing. "Yeah, it is fun~!" he agreed. He forgot all about his tantrum about Pickle and started throwing more snowballs, laughing and snorting.
Pickle

Back to top Go down

Post by Rayquaza7996 on Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:58 am

Shimmer grinned and retaliated with her own barrage. She had pretty much forgotten why she was there. After all, making new friends was fun! Why would she bother with the indigo? She already had it anyhow.

Rayquaza7996
Crazy Snake Lady!

Back to top Go down

Post by Pickle on Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:25 am

Hang continued laughing and got a mouthful of snow from the last snowball. He swallowed it an started hopping/flying all over the place. He had this before when be had eaten a bunch of ice, and Pickle told him what it was called. "Brainfreeze! Eek! Brainfreeze!" he squealed.
Pickle

Back to top Go down

Post by Rayquaza7996 on Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:38 am

"Oh my! I think I saw one of those once. Rayd had just adopted this adorably cute critter and it got into the freezer! Hey, maybe a sweater would help! Do you need one?" Shimmer asked.

Rayquaza7996
Crazy Snake Lady!

Back to top Go down

Post by Pickle on Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:33 pm

"No... I think it's gone now." Hang said hapily. "Oh! Uhm, I think I should keep looking for the thing... But first..." he added, flicking another snowball with his tail and running off, laughing.
Pickle

Back to top Go down

Post by Rayquaza7996 on Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:38 pm

Shimmer grinned and followed him, pelting him with a snowball of her own. "The "herb?" Did she say what kind of herb it was? The lady who keeps care of the house I live in talks about all sorts of "herbs." I think it's a fancy word for plant."

Rayquaza7996
Crazy Snake Lady!

Back to top Go down

Post by Pickle on Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:49 am

Hang flew higher and called down, "She said something about... Um... It's purple." Hang wasn't good at remembering what things were called. He racked his brain an then blurted out, "Sage! She said it's rare here, but I'm pretty sure that's what it's called. He said.
Pickle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next