Apples, Anger, Angels, and Alibies

Go down

Apples, Anger, Angels, and Alibies

Post by Rayquaza7996 on Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:52 am

Skyiel and Ramiel
Skyiel sat in a massive apple tree in her humanoid form - fully human save for long, dark blue wings. Ramiel was coiled up near her, crunching on an apple - she herself was doing the same thing. Though Skyiel mostly grew her own food, she didn't mind wild apples like these ones. In fact, they were quite good, and she'd have to consider adding some like these to her breeding stock. They might have been slightly smaller, but they seemed juicier as well, and that was where the nutrition was, after all.

"Just remember," Ramiel said, "if someone steals from the shop, it wasn't me because I was here. That's my alibi. Could you remember that for me?"

"No one's going to break in, Ramiel," Skyiel sighed. "But if it really makes you happy, I promise to testify that you were not at the shop should some idiot decide to break in. You'd still get in trouble, though. Aren't you supposed to be there?" She reached out to snag another of the fruits, licking it before biting in. Ramiel glared at her - he thought she had broken that habit of licking fruit before she ate it! It was creepy, especially that weird glint in her eyes.

"It's Mockingbirds' shift but she wasn't there. That doesn't mean I'm doing to stick around!"

Rayquaza7996
Crazy Snake Lady!

Rhune stones : 533

Back to top Go down

In which Jappes is in pain.

Post by MousenHeath on Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:13 am

(Ooc; I've decided, that Jappes, is in hiss human guise though unable to change, it would fit his plot better~)

Jappes cried out in pain, this was torture, and it wasn't getting easier. Infact it was only getting worse the pain retained the same, terrible level but it wasn't going away. Colloidal silver injected straight into the bloodstream. This shouldn't even be possible liquid silver. Freaking liquid silver, well not quite liquid silver, but it was to close for comfort. He was an elemental spirit or sprite, one of the first actually, an most powerful, he was the first spirit of air to be exact. They weren't technically spirits, but it was close enough, they were beings of pure essence, or energy as some referred to it. Silver burned their essence, just being to close to it hurt and it was coursing through his veins, stopping his power over air, forcing him to stay in the same shape. He may be able to downsize with some concentration, but he wouldn't be able to change back until the silver had completely filtered out of his bloodstream. Curse that jealous... thing. Thank goodness Nyx was a semi-realm I.E only accessible though leylines, it was the seventh an a half realm out of the eleven was it? That we know existed.
Jappes, swore, again, that must have been the fiftieth time today, he ran a hand though his always windswept pale grey hair, not grey from age it was usually like that, infact in Jappes' human guise, he was a nineteen year old young adult. He'd always looked like that, with changing clothe styles of course, he was wearing coarse, Nyxian made fabrics,ageless in style. He coughed, again suprised to find the irony taste of his own blood in his mouth and the blue staining his fingers.*
Was it better to stay still and endure or writhe in agony? He wasn't sure, he grasped onto the lower branches of an apple tree for support, cursing a certain Egyptian Goddess, how he hated her.

(They have blue blood.)
MousenHeath
The Scary Admin. Mwahaha!

Rhune stones : 150

http://islandofnyx.forum-motion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Apples, Anger, Angels, and Alibies

Post by Rayquaza7996 on Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:44 am

Skyiel felt an odd shake in the tree and looked down to see another Bloodwine - in human form, it seemed, but his scent, though metallic, still possessed the rich undertones - gripping the branches for support. He looked like he was in pain, so she leaned down to speak to him. Perhaps she could help? She didn't lack magic herself, and her heritage was nothing weak. Indeed, her greatfather had been incredible. Or so she'd heard. She'd never met him and she didn't know who he was. But she'd heard her was incredible and that was enough for her. Especially considering the powers she'd both used and discovered latent within herself. This went the same for her greatfather's mate, her grandmother.* Apparently she'd been able to convince anyone to do anything, no matter what, even if it went against their ideals. She doubted that, though she herself was quite charismatic when needed.

"You look like you're in pain. What's wrong? Do you need help?" she asked sweetly, her voice happy and upbeat. A dark, inky glow surrounded her fingertips. It was healing magic, though it looked dark and evil. Skyiel was no weakling, but she was from the darker side of the celestial Bloodwines, and her magic showed that darker aura. She took a pomegranite out of her bag and proceeded to split it open, chewing on the fleshy seeds as she waited for a response. She kept plenty of fruit in the messenger bag.

Ramiel sighed, deciding to remain quiet. Unlike his friend, he wasn't very charismatic, and he tended to anger others.

(greatfather-father's father, grandfather-mother's father, greatmother-mother's mother, grandmother-mother's father)

Last edited by Rayquaza7996 on Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:06 am; edited 2 times in total

Rayquaza7996
Crazy Snake Lady!

Back to top Go down

Post by MousenHeath on Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:57 am

"Silver." He spat. "Colloidal silver in the bloodstream. Don't ask. Spirit elementals and Silver don't tend to mix." He muttered another curse under his breath, seemingly foreign. It was probably best it was foreign as it was not something any one should hear and comprehend. "How can someone keep a grudge for 5000 freaking years?" He asked, gasping as the pain attempted to reach new heights. Enough silver could possibly kill, this was silver watered down, in a complicated way. But it was still hurt. This was worse than being stabbed with a silver dagger, through the heart, then having a whole stone sphinx dumped on to of you... Well it was nearly as worse. Earth was his opposite element. Enough of that on all sides would kill him. Jappes intended to stick around for as long possible. Even if it did cause him agony. Better living than rotting, he used to say, he had never been very sophisticated, his sayings were no exception.
MousenHeath

Back to top Go down

In Which Skyiel Shows Off and Ramiel Explains His Heritage

Post by Rayquaza7996 on Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:20 am

Skyiel seemed to melt, reforming herself into her beast form. A tiny spot of her magic appeared in front of her, disappeared, and then reappeared again, a drop of Jappes' blue blood gleaming upon it. She carefully flicked her tongue out to taste it for irregularities - then she spit, coughed, and took a great drink of her canteen of juice.

"That's horrible! How could anyone be so cruel? I don't care what you did, or what kind of grudge your assailant had, this is just wrong. Some of this might help the pain," she said, offering him a small bottle of a reddish-gold juice. "Would you like some fruit? It's all quite freshly grown. The apples are probably the best, though." She pointed to a bowl of various fruits with her tail. "We grow everything, Ramiel and I, baels* and lemons and limes and pomegranates and - oh! I forgot to introduce myself! I'm Skyiel. Hey, Rem, introduce yourself!

"Very well. I'm Ramiel, a vegetarian serpent. My second cousin is Lady Rayd, but she's rather obviously not present. Skyiel here is my best friend, but we're not actually related. I can trace my line back to the grigori Ramiel, for whom I am named; she does not know the identity of the angel she traces back to other than that he or she was powerful and Fallen. And that describes nearly every Fallen. So we're lost on that part. It's not like it matters anyhow."

(they're a rather obscure treefruit)

Rayquaza7996
Crazy Snake Lady!

Back to top Go down

Post by MousenHeath on Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:29 pm

Jappes attempted a smile, it was more of a grimace, it was close enough though. "Try to tell that to my ex." He nodded and took the small bottle. he uncorked the bottle and sipped, the strange liquid, it was taking far more concentration that it should to keep his form together. His horns* were barely visible now, the essence that made them up unravelling. He sighed, and let his form drift out of focus, just becoming a very sorry lump of what appeared to be a dense mist covering the ground, with another sigh, which looked unusual coming from mist, he got his form together, a small blue bloodwine, with white wings and bright green eyes.

He frowned, displeasure apparent on his features. "It's no good." He muttered to himself. "It's going to take hours of meditation to correct that..." He paused, noticing Remiel. "I apologise. I'm Jappes, elemental spirit of air." He nodded, his head to the other bloodwine. "The last time my brother, a fire spirit met a fallen angel he woke up two thousand years later, when he defrosted, with a silver pin through his head. He's never been quite as sane since... Oh, thank you Skyiel, by the way. It's lessened the pain." Now it was a low constant pain, he could cope with it.
MousenHeath

Back to top Go down

Post by Rayquaza7996 on Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:41 pm

"Exes. That's why I'm never falling in love." Skyiel sighed, using her tail to grab a baelfruit. They were best in drinks, but she really didn't mind. She liked them. "But no one deserves so much pain! Do you think maybe you could try to bleed the blood out? And then regenerate it or something? I don't know, it tasted all wrong. Though Ram's the blood expert, not me; I could tell you anything about trees, 'specially fruit trees. We have a little orchid we own."

"True." Ramiel smiled. "Father fell while he was on Earth, but I don't believe he was considered Fallen until after my birth, so I'm pretty sure I don't trace back to anything so dark. I'm sorry about your brother...I wish I had a brother. I don't have any living relatives except Rayd, and Skyiel is as far as we know alone." He sighed. He would be really alone if not for his sister - well, second cousin, but she was like a sister to him - and Skyiel, the first Bloodwine he had been privileged to meet. Ramiel was a mage of some potency, but Skyiel was dead-dangerous. She was like some sort of crazy demon, and - he would not want to be her ex. Whatever she said now, he was relatively certain that she'd show her less sweet, endearing side to anyone who she hated enough - unless the relationship failed because of something like a general lack of interest, she'd likely murder the problem-causer. Violently. She had a sadistic streak a mile wide if you knew how to bring it out.

"I'm glad. It's mostly a mix of different juices from plants, and then some magic because magic helps. An elemental? I've never met one of those, though I've heard of them." She smiled.

Rayquaza7996
Crazy Snake Lady!

Back to top Go down

Post by MousenHeath on Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:34 pm

"I should filter the silver our myself in a few hours. I don't like regeneration it takes to much concentration. Something I lack in great quantities it would be simpler if Gladdes, or Pranxtor were here." He paused, about to explain. "My, brother Pranxtor, the slightly less than sane one, he wasn't to badly affected, he does suffer from ADD though... You see, there is four of us, we were the four first elementals in the realm of humans, the third realm. We're not sure how we got there, I reckon out parents were from an earlier realm, and they took us there. I can't think why, several others appeared later there's many hundreds now. But anyway once we realized we could use the leylines to jump here, we live here permanently, well semi-permanently. Though Pranxtor prefers using Nyx to jump into the chaos realms." Jappes shuddered, you would never get him anywhere near that realm. It was far to close to the realm Pollux now resided in. Oh, I forgot to explain about Gladdes and Pranxtor; since none of them are an opposite element, they often help, it's easier to concentrate if others around you are." He attempted to explain, somewhat confusedly.

(Fail.)
MousenHeath

Back to top Go down

Post by Rayquaza7996 on Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:53 pm

(thank God for Lazarus)

"The first? Does that make you like...a god or something?" Skyiel asked curiously. "That would be cool. I sort of have a bit of a multiple personality thing going on. Not bad, cause I can use my magic to stay normal, but sometimes when my magic is being dysfunctional - like when I feel very, very strongly about something - I can swap sides. MPD, though, so I don't remember what I do. Ramiel usually ends up explaining it to me."

"Usually is a bit of a misnomer, since it's only happened twice that you've lost control."

"This is true." Skyiel relented as she listened to Jappes explain his family. She blinked several times. Families confused her, as she lacked one herself. Not completely - Ramiel was family and Rayd was too - but Rayd was almost fully human, and she'd die young like all the others. And Ramiel was different, Rami was a true friend.

"Interesting. It must be confusing to me a member of your family. I'm glad I'm not, no offense - I can't imagine having such a large and spread-out family. We've both made our permanent homes in Nyx - we can't stand the thought of other realms, especially since all the Grigori's children were supposed to have died, and we're not too interested in getting in a skirmish with anyone who's supposed to be enforcing that. We'd rather stay here and grow fruit trees."

Rayquaza7996
Crazy Snake Lady!

Back to top Go down

Post by MousenHeath on Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:46 pm

"Oops, what I meant was just us four. I assume were related to the others, though I couldn't tell. Quite frankly I don't care. I'm marginally more powerful than the other air spirits but most of them don't realize 'till I gloat." He chuckled slightly. It was apparent even though he was older than the human civilisation; Jappes was still very immature. He would always have the same attitude as a nineteen year old. No matter how Larfor complained about how stupid he was.

"I like Nyx. It's simpler than the other realms, but being a half realm, thats how they always are; according to Nyxia." Jappes shrugged, he hadn't been to many half realms, or many realms at all, to be honest. He preferred to stick to what he knew, well as far as realms were considered. He didn't like the look of those demons in the chaos realms.

Quite suddenly a demon appeared in a puff of smoke; a junior trick, something strictly for minor demons. Jappes yelled and slithered back in surprise. The demon grinned, it's grey-red features twisted and ugly, to yellowing horns spiralled of it's head, and purple saliva dripped from it's jaws. It had taken him weeks to get his form this ugly.
Jappes eyed the thing hatefully, and slid into his human guise with a slight amount of difficulty.
The demon cackled. "Look whose growing old in age Jappes. Your hair's all grey, looks like another sphinx would finish you."
Jappes let out a growl and pinned the thing against the tree, this would have been a useless thing to do; as demons are just dark energy, there for can slip out of most things. Except Jappes had the things true name. All beings of energy had several names, the several they went by, they have little or no power, but everything had a true name something that gave you complete power over it. It was degrading and vicious to use some things true name. But Jappes hated demons, this one in particular.
"Grd Dwaas, don't move." He spat. "Now tell the the message and leave." He hated this demon, it showed.

"Larfor want to know why in Nyx your aura's weaker than a ten watt light bulb, you reek of silver for miles and who did this to you. He needs to send them a thankyou card. His words not mine!" Grd added onto the end. "Well first he asked if it was serious..." He demon muttered.
"Tell him I'm in no fit state to answer." Jappes smirked, it wouldn't hurt to guilt him just a little...

Jappes sighed as the demon disspeared, with much more difficulty than he would have liked, Jappes took on his quetzal guise. "I know that was harsh, but you don't tend to get over it when something is intent upon scheming to kill you, and B, Larfor's in a foul mood with me, because I embarrassed him in front of Nyxia." Jappes explained somewhat sheepish.
MousenHeath

Back to top Go down

Post by Rayquaza7996 on Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:35 pm

"I see. As long as you're not a water spirit you're good in my book...I don't like the water very much. My parents drowned in a flood. I glitched here while I was trying (and failing, my wings were waterlogged) to fly away. I date back to around the time Genesis was written...pretty old but not as old as you, if what you're saying is correct. I don't think I ever really aged, though. Skysiel's egg was birthed around the time I hatched but she spent thousands of years in the egg. I spent a bunch of time in a coma, too. Dunno why but my brain took a while to adjust to being here and it decided to take a break until it was done."

"I hatched here, so I can't say much, but I love it here especially knowing there are people who hunt me elsewhere."

Upon the demon's arrival, Sky immediately reached for her bucket of apples while Ramiel sort of coiled up close to the tree and tried to hide himself. She laughed at him and was about to offer the creature an apple when Grd and Jappes began to fight. She rolled her eyes, waiting patiently. Oh, so Jappes knew his real name. That was bad. Her own real names had been nearly unpronounceable - each side of her had a different name, like the parents had had different forms.

"I don't believe I've ever used anyone's real name against them. It's - wrong. Just wrong. I know it was in self-defense, but... She shuddered. Do you want an apple?" she asked, changing the subject. "I was going to offer that demon one, but he seemed so...argumentative. So I figured, no. No apple.

((yup. Rami's ancient, Sky...not so much. Sky is also much more mature. Rami's too far removed from celestia to have a true name, Sky has one but it holds less sway as she herself isn't a purebred celestia.))
((Celestia = angels, demons, spirits, elementals, creatures of Heaven and Hell, the Beast from the Sea, etc.))

Rayquaza7996
Crazy Snake Lady!

Back to top Go down

Post by MousenHeath on Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:51 am

Jappes shrugged. "It's ironic actually, the demon made it his business to find out my true name, he was originally summoned by Nephthys. She's my ex, if you must know. She knew one of his names, not his true one, but a name powerful enough to summon him by. I don't enjoy using true names, but yeah it's a 5000 year old feud. What do you expect me to do?" He shrugged again, feeling slightly guilty. "Thanks." He mumbled taking an apple and biting into it.

Jappes smiled slightly. Wondering if Larfor was beside himself with worry. it was unlikely. Larfor. Worrying. Over him. Yeah, that would be the day Nephthy's applogised and promised to leave him alone.

I.e it was never going to come.
MousenHeath

Back to top Go down

Post by Rayquaza7996 on Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:42 am

"When it comes to true-name buisness, that's got to be the one reason I'm glad to be only a quarter applicable. I've no true name of my own, I'm just Ramiel. No confusing thingies. Rayd would have said it sounded Welsh, though I don't know what that means."

Skyiel grinned as he took the apple. She had a slight obsession with offering people fruit. Fruit. Unlike Ramiel, she was no vegitarian, but that didn't mean she didn't prefer the stuff. From her bag she took a themous and began to sip at the warm, spiced juice. The recipie had come from Drassil, who had known it before she glitched here. It had taken some substitutions, but the stuff was nearly as good as before, she said.

"You're welcome. Nothing makes me happier than giving someone a delicious treat like a good apple. That's why I grow them. These apples up here are quite good, I might add some to my stock. The goal is to create an apple that has the nutrition and flavor of these smaller, less domestic apples, but the size of the domestic ones."

Rayquaza7996
Crazy Snake Lady!

Back to top Go down

Post by MousenHeath on Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:09 pm

Jappes nodded, brushing his grey, human hair out of his eyes, he seemed to have retained the horns of a quetzal even in his human form. "Yeah, I guess you'll have a alot of competition from the farmer near the settlements, he's always been hugely competitive, especially over his fruit orchards." Jappes chuckled slightly remembering the last town fair they had, had in Nyx the farmer had managed to scoop almost every vegetable and fruit prize, until Larfor decided to have a little fun with a kid's weedy pumpkin. Well, perhaps making it 6-feet in diameter was over doing it slightly.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"He's in no fit state to answer Sir." The demon answered cackling viciously.
"What?"
"He's in no fit state to answer Sir, just as I said." Grd wheedled in his oily voice, no better than his snarl.
"Did he say anything?"
"Well, he looked like he was going to say something el-"
Larfor growled.
"He was in a terrible state sir, I swear I saw his aura flicker could barely change forms, silver in the bloodstream, strong too. Looks like another sphinx would finish him, probably something less, given how weak he looked..." Grd could hardly contain his glee at this.
"Grd Dwaas. Dismissed, return to the hideous realm of which you came." The spirit elemental growled, a worried frwon creeping onto his face.

Last edited by Mousenheath on Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
MousenHeath

Back to top Go down

Post by Rayquaza7996 on Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:36 pm

"Well," Ramiel said, "y'see, I don't know how Sky does it, but it's like she can talk to trees or something. She spends all her time out in the orchard talking to herself. His voice dropped to a whisper, too quiet for Sky to here. "I think she's trying to call her mother. Whenever I ask about her, all she says is that she doesn't know her, but she knows her garden. It's weird. I'm actually kind of worried about Sky; barring Rayd for being my second cousin and very, very mortal, she's the only friend I have. He cleared his throat and returned to normal talk. You don't look so good. If something attacks, do you want any help fighting? I ask because normally I fly off and Sky sits in a tree and offers it apples. I'm serious. One time, one of the people sent to kill creatures like us - heritage thing - came around and she offered him an apple. He wouldn't take it, though. So I killed him - no other choice, no other way to remain hidden from his allies."

"Mother has a very nice garden, the best, and she shares all of it, even the apples, though they're her favorite. I know this because I tried to scry her once and all I saw was her garden. But whatever." She smiled and hugged the tree. "Rayd says that being a treehugger is a bad thing, but I like hugging trees! They're friendly!"

Rayquaza7996
Crazy Snake Lady!

Back to top Go down

Post by MousenHeath on Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:46 pm

"If it's an Egyptian woman, then yes, if it's a brown, haired, eyed, dark skinned, 6ft. beast then maybe, if it's a blonde-haired, bright blue eyed girl, then no, if it's a red haired idiot, also no. The last for are my brothers and sister. We often scrap, but nothing serious, even if it looks it." He thought for a moment. Something of a frown flitted across his face. Emiko. She was very very mortal.

At least that's what he thought. Every time he asked about her mortality, she just laughed and shrugged him off, but there was something not quite human in the female Jappes had given his heart to. He couldn't place it. She wasn't one of the eternal night, nor one of the waning moon. Nor a demon, or a fey.

(Short. Bleh.)
MousenHeath

Back to top Go down

Post by Rayquaza7996 on Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:50 am

"Ah, I see, very well. Rami and Rayd fight quite often, about how to run the store, what to catch for it...They run a pet shop of sorts. Seems pretty silly to me, but I'm the one who grows fruit all the time. I like plants. They talk to me. Did you know that trees want their fruit to be eaten? Most people don't, but they do - when a person picks an apple up and then discards the core, the seeds are planted far from the original tree in a place where more light is available. Otherwise, fruit wouldn't be so high in sugar and nutrients. It'd be gross and icky so nothing would eat it." She smiled, chewing on some leathery, dried bael.

"Are you okay, Jappes?" Ramiel asked. "You seemed preoccupied for a moment there."

Rayquaza7996
Crazy Snake Lady!

Back to top Go down

Post by MousenHeath on Sat Jun 26, 2010 5:17 pm

Jappes nodded Skyiel trying to not looked as though she thought she was weird. He had seen weirder, much weirder, but he supposed talking to plants wasn't so bad. He'd met a demon who was convinced he was a cricket and a re-animated corpse named Nick, who happened to have a worm living in his ear. The worm had a strong Transylvanian accent. So perhaps in the scheme of thing Skyiel was normal. As normal as you could ever get on Nyx. "Oh... I'm fine. Just spacing out..." He paused thinking things over, once again. He couldn't put his finger on it, but their was obviously something much more Emiko. "Say, at some point can I get your opinion on someone?" He felt stupid asking, but they were strange creatures themselves, so perhaps they could identify another strange creature.
MousenHeath

Back to top Go down

Post by Rayquaza7996 on Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:08 pm

"Of course, Jappes. We'd be happy to help! Mum prolly talked to trees too, don't you think, Rami?" Sky tended to ramble, being awfully immature for her age. Then again, considering how old Rami actually was, it wasn't too surprising.

"Sure. That's very nice," he replied indifferently. Don't encourage her, please."

(meh, fail.)

Rayquaza7996
Crazy Snake Lady!

Back to top Go down

Post by MousenHeath on Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:22 am

Jappes nodded, slightly. He was going to play nice and not provoke anything. He had no reason to after all. Normally he'd he may cause a little trouble but not today. The silver had well and truly subdued him. Jappes was like the wind himself, fickle, slightly chaotic. Head in the clouds. Jappes had never been the most practical of sorts. He guessed that was why Emiko was fond of him. He was impulsive and tended to say what he thought. Unlike Larfor who thought things through until they were no fun at all.

(Fail on my part.)
MousenHeath

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down