Mocking & Co. Quetzal Gardens [CLOSED]

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Mocking & Co. Quetzal Gardens [CLOSED]

Post by Rayquaza7996 on Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:45 pm

The building certainly wasn't particularly beautiful, or fancy. Glass cases filled the room, full of brilliantly-colored winged serpents. Looking to the reception desk, you see a rather large member of the same group, red of scale and feather. It looks at you, a polite smile on its face that also betrays its sharp, silvery teeth. Teeth that convince you not to try stealing.

"I am Ramiel," the creature says, introducing itself. "The owner of this store, Rayd, asked me to keep it safe for her while she went adventuring for more creatures. We sell fantastic quetzals of many colors here. Please look to the chart for basic pricing information. It saves me the time of doing it myself over and over until I go hoarse from explaining it. Of course, any questions can be asked to me or sent directly to Rayd."

A small chart shows price information.
First Noncustom Free! Anantas aren't counted in this deal, but offering up this right might get you a deal on one.
Common Creatures Located in the first set of cages. Many of these are available. 10 rhunes.
Random Creatures Creatures caught in the wild, located in the second set of cages. Usually one or two of a kind. 20 rhunes. 40 rhunes if they're Ananta eggs.
Custom Creatures Commission Ray to find the exact right creature for you. Information is hanging above the third row of cages. 40 rhunes, with possible additional fees. 70 rhunes if they're Ananta.

Another talks of species.
Common Rainforest Quetzal: These strange creatures are quite commonly seen slithering through tropical rainforests. They're very fast and fairly offensive, but they're not particularly smart, and their scales are thin and cannot defend them. They're said to be a form of mutant emerald boa. Some coloration are venomous, others not so much. They vary in size and have batlike wings.

Bloodwine Quetzal: These unique beings are the first domestic quetzals, and are descended from angels. They're extremely intelligent, and relatively fast. Their scales offer average defense, but they're more suited to using magic from afar than to physical fighting. They tend to fight amongst themselves, are usually very religious, and tend to be very magical creatures. They are uncommon, and though randoms can usually be found, there are no common Bloodwine Quetzals. Their wings glow.

Mystral Quetzal: These creatures are always quite pale - when commissioning a custom one, please remember that they don't come in dark colors. They live in extremely cold places, and have special chemicals in their blood to keep it from freezing. Their body temperatures can drop far below the freezing point without fatal damage. They eat only fish, and when they are starving they begin to freeze to death in their natural environment, being unable to produce the chemicals necessary for survival. Mystrals are much smaller than normal quetzals.

Ruin Quetzals: Very rare quetzals - in fact, Rayd will only let you get a custom one if you can show her a plasmid species, as they're very fond of their cousin race. They are hybrids of plasmids and Bloodwines, and only rarely appear in the shop. They are often cannibalistic, as they feed mostly on other species of quetzal. They also sometimes drain raw energy, and have a habit of becoming vampires!

Ananta Quetzals: The Pure Ananta is a large, three-headed creature, resulting from an Ananta baby with the "RR" genotype. In most cases, they possess only one mind each, despite their three heads, though each head will often "see" things differently - as if one looked through rose-tinted glasses and another through black ones. They are said to be descendants of a celestial serpent, and are a breedable creature. Clutch size varies depending on a variety of factors, but is between 2-5.

NOTE: You cannot use the quetzals for commercial purposes and credit should always be given off-Nyx <3

Last edited by Rayquaza7996 on Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:30 pm; edited 24 times in total

Rayquaza7996
Crazy Snake Lady!

Rhune stones : 533

Back to top Go down

The First Row Of Cages - Commons

Post by Rayquaza7996 on Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:47 pm

Creatures in these cages are always available, and of unlimited stock. Some may retire after a period of time. When purchasing, remember to say not only the species, but the color as well.

Species: Common Rainforest Quetzal
Coloration: Treetop Slicker
Retire: n/A

Last edited by Rayquaza7996 on Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:07 am; edited 7 times in total

Rayquaza7996
Crazy Snake Lady!

Back to top Go down

The Second Row of Cages - Randoms

Post by Rayquaza7996 on Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:48 pm

Creatures in here are updated frequently as possible, and one or two of a kind. If they sit here long enough without being purchased, we may set them free. When purchasing, remember to say not only the species, but the color as well.

Albino Bloodwine
Quantity: 2/3

Last edited by Rayquaza7996 on Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:57 am; edited 13 times in total

Rayquaza7996
Crazy Snake Lady!

Back to top Go down

The Third Row Of Cages - Customs and Special Quetzals

Post by Rayquaza7996 on Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:55 pm

These cages are empty, but a note hangs above them.

Adoption Center If someone decides they no longer want their quetzal, or they are banned, to keep my Photobucket system from breaking the creature will be available here for the original price plus 5.

Next to it hangs another note.

"Commission Your Own, Special Quetzal!
"With our massive breeding stock as well as our wild resources, we're now able to breed a special creature just for you! Patterns might cost you a bit more, as they're hard to get, but we'll do what we can, and there's a refund if we fail!"

A set of forms sits below.

Code:

Username (for archive purposes):
Species of Quetzal:
Scale Color:
Wing Color:
Eye Color:
Secondary Color: (This is belly on Bloodwines, feathers on Tropical, etc.)
Special Patterns (extra cost depends on difficulty):
Anything Else? (extra cost depends on difficulty. Think watches, collars. Major lineart changes are a no-no):
Requirements: (Ruin only, see their description)

FOR ANANTAS
Code:

Username (for archive purposes): 
Wing Color:
Wing Tips Color:
Eye Color:
Hood Color:
Special Patterns:
Anything Else?:
Stage:

Last edited by Rayquaza7996 on Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:54 pm; edited 4 times in total

Rayquaza7996
Crazy Snake Lady!

Back to top Go down

[Sent]

Post by MousenHeath on Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:02 am

Mousen looked round. Why in Nyx had everyone of her fourteen siblings come with her just so she could pick out her Quetzal? Mind you it was unusual for them all to be present. Highly unusual. In fact it was kind of freaking her out. Though in their defence, mother had begged them all to be present for one evening. So far both Nathaniel and Adam were supporting black eyes. Mousen's doing of course, though Rowan had helped with with Adam, they would have successfully broken his nose too. If it hadn't been for their mother stepping in.
"One Summer delight Quetzal if you please...Remial?" That little quetzal was the cutest thing, she just wanted to squeeze and hug him. Though Mousen doubted he'd appreciate this, she could do with out poisonous bite marks.
(I'm going to pay choo anyways, btw since this is all your hard work it's only fair you keep the rhunestones. Not that their doing much good.)
MousenHeath
The Scary Admin. Mwahaha!

Rhune stones : 150

http://islandofnyx.forum-motion.com

Back to top Go down

[Sent]

Post by MousenHeath on Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:01 am

"Username (for archive purposes): Mousen
Species of Quetzal: Bloodwine
Scale Color: deep green.
Wing Color: Deep brown.
Eye Color: Brown
Secondary Color: (This is belly on Bloodwines, feathers on Tropical, etc.) Same as wings.
Special Patterns (extra cost depends on difficulty): perhaps a lighter coloured striping on the body?
Anything Else? nope.

Username (for archive purposes): Mousenheath
Species of Quetzal: common
Scale Color: deep blue fading to a slightly lighter teal.
Wing Color: the same as above.
Eye Color: bright cyan
Secondary Color: (This is belly on Bloodwines, feathers on Tropical, etc.) a steely grey.
Special Patterns (extra cost depends on difficulty): none.

Species of Quetzal: Common
Scale Color: A deep burnt red to a pale orange.
Wing Color: a charred burnt umber.
Eye Color: bright orange
Special Patterns (extra cost depends on difficulty): black.
Anything Else? a black ring round his tail." Mousen filled out the form with bored ease. She yawned, stuffing her pen back into the brim of her hat.
"Right... That's 120 right?"
MousenHeath

Back to top Go down

[Sent]

Post by Pickle on Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:01 am

Pickle skipped in, happy and excited. Today, she would be getting a new pet to live in the cottage. "Hello. May I get... a Mystral Quetzal?" She had a coupon for a free pet, and she was eager to use it. She waited impatiently for the red Quetzal to respond.

(MOD NOTE: Considering that Pickle has contacted me about this and that there is only one current Mystral species available (Albino), this is acceptable. However, I'd prefer it if color was listed as well as some species have multiple available designs)
Pickle
Leader of the Invisible Ninjaas! I mean... Erm... Just plain Pickle.

Rhune stones : 324

Back to top Go down

Re: Mocking & Co. Quetzal Gardens [CLOSED]

Post by MousenHeath on Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:33 pm

Mousen bounced in, literally, considering she was in her Jackrabnit form, her ears poking threw a hole in her hat. Garfield who was on his lunch break walked in behind her. Garfield, a subordinate at the shrooms was looking for a pet, something that was cute and wouldn't cause havoc.

"I'll take an Albino Mystral Quetzal." Mousen said, switching back to her human guise, her hat changing with her, a charm no doubt.

Garfield looked around. "I-I-I'll take a common rainforest quetzal, please."

(Only the Albino Mystral has been sent as there's no given color for the common, and there are two colors available.)
MousenHeath

Back to top Go down

[Sent]

Post by Pickle on Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:55 pm

The young girl slipped back in yet again, this time with a note in hand. Instead of speaking, she just handed the note to the little red Quetzal and waited patiently. It read:

( https://2img.net/h/i52.photobucket.com/albums/g3/Baals_Baby/Plot%20Prizes/WarTaigraDusk528.gif )
((^This is a reference of the colors used for this custom))

Username (for archive purposes): Pickle
Species of Quetzal: Bloodwine Quetzal
Scale Color: If possible, a dark navy to pink gradient (like ^)
Wing Color: The purple/pink (like the flames on ^)
Eye Color: Light purple (like ^)
Secondary Color: (This is belly on Bloodwines, feathers on Tropical, etc.) Just the same as the main body color
Special Patterns (extra cost depends on difficulty): the dark purple spots (like ^)

Last edited by Pickle on Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pickle

Back to top Go down

Post by Rayquaza7996 on Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:21 pm

Those are stripes, not spots <3

Rayquaza7996
Crazy Snake Lady!

Back to top Go down

Post by Pickle on Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:55 pm

(Oh! Whoops, sorry about that...)

The young girl, Pickle, came in yet again. It was her third time here, yet the usual excitement never got old. She skipped up to the Red Quetzal and asked, "May I get a Prime Relic Ruin Quetzal? That would be 20 Runes, correct?"

Mousen's note: Rs deducted and Quetzal sent, sorry about that. I had a brain fail.

Pickle

Back to top Go down

Post by Arya Elfbane on Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:02 pm

Izlandi walked in, her head held high, but her eyes looking around warily. The quetzals of this place intrigued her very much, and she hoped to take a few of them home to the clan. Going up, she dropped a note with everything she was sent to retrieve from the shop.

Common Rainforest Quetzal (Treetop Slicker, Free)
A Fallen Blood Wine (20 Runestones?)
Common Rainforest Quetzal (Summer Delight, Free)

Mousen's filling in for Ray note: Rs subtracted and quetzals sent, sorry on the fact that we had to use Grim for deliveries, he was the only person we could find. He wouldn't let me threaten Fairfax. Also it was thirty gems, but nevertheless Razz
Arya Elfbane
Elf Fangirl

Rhune stones : 81

Back to top Go down

Post by Pickle on Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:48 am

Pickle blushed. "Oh, I thought that was only for getting customs. Sorry for the misunderstanding. In that case, may I get a Summer Delight Common Rainforest Quetzal and a Treetop Slicker Common Rainforest Quetzal?"

Mousen's note: No, you were right. Again brain fail. Treetops slicker, rs deducted and sent and the Summer delight, Rs is deducted from my account an it's been sent.
Pickle

Back to top Go down

[Sent]

Post by Pickle on Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:03 am

((sorry for the double post, I just don't know if I'm allowed to edit that last post after it's been sent.))

Pickle stepped back in and dropped the sack of 20 Rhunestones on the counter. "May I get a Fallen Bloodwine Quetzal, please?" She smiled excitedly but also wished she could just buy every pet here.
Pickle

Back to top Go down

Post by Pickle on Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:04 pm

The door creaked open, but this time it wasn't a young girl who slipped in. A Stone Hydra crawled across the floor and onto the counter, then motioned with it's left head tward the middle one, where there seems to be a note attached.

((Trying to theme this after RWJ. You know... This hottie right here. xD *epic fangirl*))

Species of Quetzal: Bloodwine
Scale Color: Maroon
Wing Color: Same as Scale Color
Eye Color: Muddy Brown
Secondary Color: (This is belly on Bloodwines, feathers on Tropical, etc.) Tan
Special Patterns (extra cost depends on difficulty): none
Anything Else? (extra cost depends on difficulty. Think watches, collars. Major lineart changes are a no-no): Is it possible to add on a spiky black hair-doo thing? If so, that'd be brilliant.
Pickle

Back to top Go down

Post by MousenHeath on Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:56 am

http://seshdotcom.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/giraffe_011.jpg
Species of Quetzal: Common tropical
Scale Color: Giraffe
ref:http://seshdotcom.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/giraffe_011.jpg
Wing Color: A tan/brown
Eye Color: A bright green.
Special Patterns (extra cost depends on difficulty): Same as the wings
Anything Else? (extra cost depends on difficulty. Think watches, collars. Major lineart changes are a no-no): A little red collar around her neck. With a bell? ^.^
MousenHeath

Back to top Go down

Post by Pickle on Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:53 am

The young girl who had come into the shop so many times before appeared yet again. SHe hopped up to the counter and set a bag of RS in front of her. "One Teal and Purple Egg Ananta Quetzal, please~!" she said.
Pickle

Back to top Go down

Post by Pickle on Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:57 pm

Pickle slipped into the shop. Walking right up to the counter, she said, "I would like to get two customs, please. Here is the form, filled out in advanced." She slipped a roll of paper onto the counter along with a bag of RS. It read:

This is a reference to the custom form below. I did this on computer paint, so sorry if it's a little messed up. xD It's to give you a basic Idea of the coloring~

Species of Quetzal: Common Rainforest Quetzal
Scale Color: Black
Wing Color: Black and grey; see reference
Eye Color: Grey
Secondary Color: Purple
Special Patterns (extra cost depends on difficulty): Could you give it a light purple aura outlining it? (see reference)
Anything Else? (extra cost depends on difficulty. Think watches, collars. Major lineart changes are a no-no): None
Requirements: (Ruin only, see their description) None
Stage: (hatchling or adult, Ananta only): ---

This is a reference to the custom form below. I did this on computer paint, so sorry if it's a little messed up. xD It's to give you a basic Idea of the coloring~

Scale Color: Magenta
Wing Color: Light Tan-ish
Eye Color: Brown
Secondary Color: Magenta
Special Patterns (extra cost depends on difficulty): Could you give it like a light brown aura along the outside? (see reference)
Anything Else? (extra cost depends on difficulty. Think watches, collars. Major lineart changes are a no-no): None

Thank you. Work your magic~! <3

-P
Pickle

Back to top Go down

Post by Pickle on Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:02 am

Pickle headed back in. "Yes, it is as you feared. More custom orders! Here are the forms and RhuneStones." she said.
((These are both forms of the same pet~ ))

Reference
Species of Quetzal: Bloodwine Quetzal
Scale Color: Dark-ish Green
Wing Color: Light Green
Eye Color: Black
Secondary Color: Light Tan
Special Patterns (extra cost depends on difficulty): Could you make the stripes the same color as the belly? And a blackish aura, yus... Very Happy Sorry, but you did so great on the last ones. 8D
Anything Else? (extra cost depends on difficulty. Think watches, collars. Major lineart changes are a no-no): This wasn't drawn on the reference, but could you add a silver chain necklace around it's neck?

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Reference
Scale Color: Dark-ish Green
Wing Color: Light Green
Eye Color: Black
Secondary Color: Light Tan
Special Patterns (extra cost depends on difficulty): And a blackish aura, yus... Very Happy Sorry, but you did so great on the last ones. 8D
Anything Else? (extra cost depends on difficulty. Think watches, collars. Major lineart changes are a no-no): This wasn't drawn on the reference, but could you add a silver chain necklace around it's neck?

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Pickle

Back to top Go down

[Sent]

Post by auntslappy282 on Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:26 am

A young girl happily skipped into the shop. She was determined to get a Quetzel. She smiled to herself and jumped to the counter. "May I get a Mystral Quetzel?" She put a sack of 20rhune stones on the counter.

Mousen's note First non-custom is free <3
auntslappy282
Teh not so agonizing Agony Aunt.

Rhune stones : 103

Back to top Go down

Post by Pickle on Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:15 am

Pickle slipped in, huffing and puffing. It seemed as if she had sprinted all the way here, and was trying to catch her breath. "I came... as soon as I found out there were more adoptable quetzals. 8D" she said between breaths. She slid a bag of 40 RS onto the counter and asked, "May I have... One Albino Bloodwine Quetzal and... One Empress Bloodwine Quetzal, please?" She looked as if she were about to collapse, since running all the way here with a heavy bag of RS didn't seem easy. Oh dear.
Pickle

Back to top Go down

Post by MousenHeath on Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:02 am

Scale Color: A dark copper-brown Same shade as the background of this (http://azarali-city.forum-motion.com/) I can't quite find the right code colour x.x
Wing Color: Same as above.
Wing Tips Color: A bright, bright blue. (00fff2)
Eye Color: Orange (ff7700)
Hood Color: Bright, bright blue.(00fff2)
Markings: could the heart be a pale blue (90ddf0)
Special Patterns: None.
Anything Else?: A silver ring in the right (Their left.) wing (if it doesn't look quite forget it o3o)
Stage: Adult.

About to remove the rs from my account now- no need of a note <3

____________________________________________________________________________________________________
Down the winding path he trod,
Kilholmes in his wake.
For the silvy estolhod,
And the hoolesnake.
MousenHeath

Back to top Go down

Post by NatureGirl on Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:13 am

A teenage girl walks in timidly. "Hello," she says to the clerk. She holds up a free quetzal coupon. "Um... could I get a... Ruin Quetzal, I believe it has been named," she asks politely.

Mousen's note: Only quetzals in stock may be ordered; also please remember both colouration and type must be stated. ^^ So that's either a random or a pre-made, that lists as in stock.

EDIT: CONTINUED BY PM

[Sent: 1 Empress]
NatureGirl

Rhune stones : 13

http://landsofevelon.com

Back to top Go down

Post by XenoPandora on Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:38 pm

A young girl about the age of 13 or so walked into the store, looking around briefly before smiling and walking up to the reception desk. "Hi, I'd like to get a Common Rainforest Quetzal, Summer Delight Coloration, please." She did have a coupon for a free one, so why not spend it? She smiled when she got the Quetzal. "Thank you." The girl said before leaving with the Quetzal.
XenoPandora

Rhune stones : 220
Location : Feeling alot better and trying to stop Monster X and Kiryu from fighting!

Back to top Go down

[sent]

Post by NatureGirl on Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:40 am

Username (for archive purposes): NatureGirl (i think... Shocked )
Scale Color: Gradient black/ gray (if not possible, then black)
Wing Color: gradient red to black? red starting at wing tips? (if not possible, then plain dark purple)
Eye Color: an almost glowing blood red
Secondary Color: (This is belly on Bloodwines, feathers on Tropical, etc.) white please!
Special Patterns (extra cost depends on difficulty):
Anything Else? (extra cost depends on difficulty. Think watches, collars. Major lineart changes are a no-no): a key necklace on the tail? a red, rusty colored key? (if not possible, then nothing, thanks!)
NatureGirl

Rhune stones : 13

http://landsofevelon.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next