~Trick or Treat?~

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

~Trick or Treat?~

Post by MousenHeath on Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:01 pm

What's this? The smell of pumpkin soup? The constant chill to the wind? Halloween is almost here! As you make your way around the seasonal stalls, full of Halloween delights, you see something that entrances you, the stall itself is simple in both layout and design. Three large pumpkins lay on a stone altar. An altar that is draped ceremoniously in black velvet cloth. You had not seen such an altar before this event; how strange. Behind the stall you can just make out a very patched tophat. The tophat is sat upon the head of a very dark looking baku fox. She grins when she sees you, a grin that is full of very sharp teeth.
"Tell me, my darlings, What goes on four legs on the morning, two in the evening and three in the afternoon?" Barely letting you open your mouth to answer she sighs. "William! What? Didn't you get that, darlings? Too uncultured I suppose. Nevertheless, moving on, moving on. Now. This is a small stall I've set up for myself. For Halloween darlings. A game, a challenge, a test of pure luck and outrageous fortune. Trick or treat is it's name. You might get something beyond your wildest expectations, then again your fortunes could turn decidedly...foul... Up for a game? It's 25 rhunestones to play, but you can get a whole lot more out of it. You can play three times a day, however you can only play once per post and you cannot double post. You see three pumpkins there? Yes? Well pick one. There will a trick, or a treat inside. Simple, enough? Good. Now... Who's going to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune? Or should I say the pumpkins and tophats?" She trails off still chuckling. There's no doubt in your mind she's mad. Yet, should you have ago at this game of hers?

Marrow Jack Terry & Prachet
Please state the name of the pumpkin when choosing.
(Disclaimer: You can lose rhunestones while playing this game. It's unlikely, but not impossible.)

____________________________________________________________________________________________________
Down the winding path he trod,
Kilholmes in his wake.
For the silvy estolhod,
And the hoolesnake.
MousenHeath
The Scary Admin. Mwahaha!

Rhune stones : 150

http://islandofnyx.forum-motion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: ~Trick or Treat?~

Post by dragonice959 on Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:51 am

I choose Jack! He reminds me of a certain character in a movie.
dragonice959

Rhune stones : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by MousenHeath on Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:04 am

The baku fox greedily snatches the twenty five ks out of your hand. With flourish she opens the lid of the pumpkin only to laugh when a Pumpkin Glandras hits you square in the nose.

Trick or Treat? You decide.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________
Kilholmes in his wake.
For the silvy estolhod,
And the hoolesnake.
MousenHeath

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonice959 on Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:08 am

I think I'm the only player so far but I'm gonna have to go with Marrow now.

*Snuggles Glandra.*
dragonice959

Back to top Go down

Post by MousenHeath on Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:49 pm

Where is everyone?! I mean surely by now word would have got out that there was a chance to get a Halloween pet. So the tricks were pretty bad and at the end of the day it was luck and chance over money, but that's what Nyx was about! She sighed.
"Okay! There's been a slight change, you can go for all three in one day! This will cost 45RS and you can put them all in one post. " With a sigh she rolled she opened the pumpkin, somewhere the bone dice of fate were being rolled. Thankfully fate was being kind to Dragon, they landed on a nine. One of Fate's designated numbers for good fortune in this game.

Strangely there was nothing but crumbs inside the pumpkin... Something must have eaten whatever was inside, and it seems as if that thing had some back for more.

(I can't believe you got treat twice in a row. D< I wanna trick someone. XD PMing you the code and removing The RS now. ^-^)

Kilholmes in his wake.
For the silvy estolhod,
And the hoolesnake.
MousenHeath

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonice959 on Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:16 am

i'm going to be greedy and open up all of the boxes. Again the only one here. Not even ray is joining in.
dragonice959

Back to top Go down

Post by Pickle on Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:32 am

I want one~! 8D I would like a Terry & Prachet, plz. 8DDD Happy Halloween! *cackles*
Pickle
Leader of the Invisible Ninjaas! I mean... Erm... Just plain Pickle.

Rhune stones : 324

Back to top Go down

Post by Rayquaza7996 on Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:31 am

I was busy with a pet for all you guys xD It'll be done soon. All three for a Ray?

Empty house far away
lost in lonely space
you know you felt the same

From the shallows of love
to the depths of your scars
you know you want to change

In the rafters of fate
fixed and spinning late
there is a certain fear

Even light with control
lights outside our homes
wait for every tear

So exit the fall and now it's over
you're letting it fall before your heart
so exit the fall and now it's over

Rayquaza7996
Crazy Snake Lady!

Rhune stones : 533

Back to top Go down

Post by MousenHeath on Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:25 pm

DI:

While the fist pumpkin revealed nothing much aside from a Custom Wyndragon Token. The next was amusingly full of a cream pie, spring loaded within, so when the baku fox opened the lid, it was Dragonice who go the comedy pie-in-the-face. The net box wasn't much better, revealing a sneaky rat, it quickly grabbed three rhunestones of Dragon Ice!

Pickle:
Inside the pumpkin was completely empty. There had obviously been something interesting side, though it didn't seem to the there anymore.
Without warning a voice from the shadows croaked; "Get me out of this light." Perhaps you should help it and see what it leads to?

Ray:

The first pumpkin's lid was lifted, inside a little wyndragon slept. How sweet. The second had some very angular feathers in it, those feathers belonged to a particular bird that would prefer to have them back. As it poked it's head around the corner, the vendor of the stall swiftly whacked it over the head with a broom. "That was supposed yo be your treat, it escaped. Again."
When the third pumpkin's lid was opened, another spring loaded pie was found inside, though thankfully Ray had the sense to duck and it hit Dragon Ice square in the face, again. The baku fox laughed, unable to retain her composure with the incidents that had happened previously.

(Dragon, you can post in the thread of Evelon, stating what you want for your custom Wyndragon. For free-ish. I'll minus the rhunes along with three extra due to that pesky rat.

Pickle, you better reply in rp form and see what's going on in that shadowy corner of the market!

Ray, I'll send over the two codes and, yes, you can laugh at Dragonice. ^.~ )

Kilholmes in his wake.
For the silvy estolhod,
And the hoolesnake.
MousenHeath

Back to top Go down

Post by Rayquaza7996 on Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:04 pm

Rayd smiled. She was rather agile (elves of her world usually were) and she couldn't help but smile.

"Hey, might I buy another load? These are quite fun, dearie. Oh, and if you have any flowers, might I have them? For an experiment, you see."

[Edit: This was the next day for me, sorry. Still getting used to Nyx time being six hours off mine)

Last edited by Rayquaza7996 on Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:30 am; edited 1 time in total

Empty house far away
lost in lonely space

In the rafters of fate
fixed and spinning late
there is a certain fear

Even light with control
lights outside our homes
wait for every tear

Rayquaza7996
Crazy Snake Lady!

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonice959 on Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:23 am

"Grrrrr. " He wiped his face and growled at the pumkin." okay Im goint to try again. But this time with a face mask." He hurried home and returned with a hockey mask. "okay i'm ready. I will pick Jack again."

Jack
dragonice959

Back to top Go down

Post by Pickle on Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:22 am

Pickle was a little disappointed to see her Pumpkin empty. She let out a little squeak and dropped it when she heard the voice coming out of the shadows, though. She turned looked at the corner curiously. "I can help you... but where would you wish to go that is darker?" she asked, inching closer to the shadows. She was a tad afraid of what may come out, though.
Pickle

Back to top Go down

Post by MousenHeath on Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:32 pm

Ray (No worries, it's actually English time. o3o;; I'm going to count it anyway <3 )

The first pumpkin was full of spiders. Well... I'm sure they might make a nice soup? The second, had fishbones in it, looks like whatever had been in there had left pretty quickly, leaving both the pumpkin and the remains of it's lunch behind. While the third contained a rather ugly rat. A sewer rat.

Dragonice:

"Looks like you've come prepared this time, eh?" she laughed and reached over to Jack, pulling the lid of the pumpkin. Thankfully there was only a lucky egg in this one. The baku fox sighed in disappointment.

Pickle:

"Anywhere. Just get me out of here." Ever so slowly a shape formed from the shadow. A seth hound with very long fangs. A jet Seth hound. Something that had been thought to be extinct for a long while. Jet Seth hounds originated when someone found the Whitby glitch. Whitby is famous for it's jet, that person carried a jet stake in their pocket. While a wooden stake is mere myth. A jet stake can do damage to alot of things. Some say that stake carried the blood of Dracula himself. That was the jet that Nyxia first formed these Vampiric creatures from. Some pass that off as mere legend. All we do know is that these Seth hounds are vampires, and that they were enchanted from a piece of Whitby jet.

(DI, Ray: sending codes. Pickle: roleplay a bit more, you can however pick pumpkins at the same time as talking to this hound. )

Kilholmes in his wake.
For the silvy estolhod,
And the hoolesnake.
MousenHeath

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonice959 on Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:08 am

Okay one more time *adjusts face mask*

I'm going to pick Terry & Prachet
dragonice959

Back to top Go down

Post by Pickle on Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:23 am

"Alright~ Here, for now I have these sunglasses that you can wear if you want. o3o Follow me and we can go to the cottage, because it has a basement and it's really dark there." she said, leading the Seth hound to the door. She peeked outside quickly and saw that they couldeasily stick to the shadows on the way there so it wouldn't bother the Seth Hound. "Alright, we can go if you want." she said happily, opening the door for it. "Oh wait!" she said, remembering that there was another pumpkin that Cyrn had advised her to buy. "Excuse me, but can I get a Jack pumpkin before I go?" she asked quickly
Pickle

Back to top Go down

Post by MousenHeath on Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:13 pm

Pickle:

The Seth Hound took one look at Pickle, it could have been perhaps a grateful glance, then again he could be sizing her up for lunch. Who knows? Never the less after that split second look the creature ran inside. The baku fox opened the pumpkin, before chucking the contents at her. Thankfully it was only a rather chubby ( and therefore rather soft) Mime Glandras.

DI

Well that isn't a halloween pet. It's just a rat. Opening Terry and Prachet got you a Ginger Speckled rat. How... Interesting? Admittedly if you squinted the pumpkin juice on it's mouth could be blood... Okay, no it couldn't, but still; you got something, right? And it is kind of cute.

(Pickle, PMing you both codes, for the seth hound and the glandras. DI, PMing you the rat code. ^0^ It's breedable and it has no lineage. So no worries of interbreeding. o3o;Wink

Kilholmes in his wake.
For the silvy estolhod,
And the hoolesnake.
MousenHeath

Back to top Go down

Post by Pickle on Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:44 am

Pickle slipped back into the shop. She had plenty of RS to spare and had just dropped her two lovely new pets off at the cottage. they seemed to be doing fine there, and trick-or-treating was fun, so... "One Jack pumpkin, please." she said as she slipped a small bag of RS onto the countertop.
Pickle

Back to top Go down

Post by MousenHeath on Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:12 pm

As fun as it might be, finding both a wooden chicken and no less than seventeen spiders in the pumpkin must have been a bit of a downer for Pickle especially when the baku fox took it into her head that spiders make great throwing instruments. This is the point where you should run, I believe... Come back tomorrow?

Kilholmes in his wake.
For the silvy estolhod,
And the hoolesnake.
MousenHeath

Back to top Go down

Post by Jobie on Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:33 am

Jobie was walking down the street when she noticed the baku fox with the pumpkins. After looking at the pumpkins a bit she decided on the one she would pick. "I choose Marrow, please," she said politely.
Jobie

Rhune stones : 165

Back to top Go down

Post by Pickle on Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:03 am

Pickle returned to the store. "Another Jack pumpkin, please?" she asked. Last time had been a bit of a downer but that wouldn't make her stop altogether. Hopefully this time the pumpkin would come out with something cool~
Pickle

Back to top Go down

Post by auntslappy282 on Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:54 am

An elf girl walked toward the stand. She was happy to finally have enough Rhune Stones to buy something! She listened then quickly said, before getting interrupted, "Answer to your riddle is a human. Also I'll take Marrow. And heres your money," She dropped the bag full of 25rs on the counter, smiling, ready to see what she got.
auntslappy282
Teh not so agonizing Agony Aunt.

Rhune stones : 103

Back to top Go down

Post by MousenHeath on Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:39 pm

(Sorry for the wait, remember you can post again when it's a new day, even if I haven't posted yet. XD; )

Jobie:

Just as the Baku fox reached over to open the lid of the pumpkin, a small head poked out. A distinctly feline head. It yawned showing it's rather sharp looking teeth before it clambered out of the pumpkin, purring. Clearly it was a rather mild mannered thing.

Pickle:

The pumpkin revealed nothing aside from a small paper piece, the writing on it was illegible but the Baku fox seemed to understand it. For a moment she disappeared below the counter, bringing up a tussled up a skeletal peacock
"Here he is."

Auntie:

From the pumpkin came a munching sound. A rather loud munching sound, upon opening the lid, a small squeak of indignation could be heard. "Oi! It's cold in here." With a sly smile the baku fox grabbed the creature by the tail and thrust it into the elves arms. "A sewer rat. Random genetics. Though it can only produce two offspring maximum."

(Pm'ing you guys the codes. )

Kilholmes in his wake.
For the silvy estolhod,
And the hoolesnake.
MousenHeath

Back to top Go down

Post by Rayquaza7996 on Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:31 pm

"One of everything, please..." The voice was frigid and hollow. A black luckdragon curled around the woman. "I do such love a good gamble, isn't that right?"

The luckdragon hissed viciously, grinning and nodding.

Empty house far away
lost in lonely space

In the rafters of fate
fixed and spinning late
there is a certain fear

Even light with control
lights outside our homes
wait for every tear

Rayquaza7996
Crazy Snake Lady!

Back to top Go down

Post by MousenHeath on Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:06 am

The first pumpkin reviled nothing but a cloud of moths, they swarmed, fluttering in a sinister manner. Creepy.

The second however was much more promising, at first it only seemed to be another, slightly smaller pumpkin, until it moved; letting out a cry of "Murrp!" A hungry Pumpkin Glandras no doubt.

The third held a slip of paper, the illegible scrawl, only understandable to the Baku fox, she, holding up an apparently unconscious Skeletal peafowl.

(PM'ing you ze codes. ^3^)

Kilholmes in his wake.
For the silvy estolhod,
And the hoolesnake.
MousenHeath

Back to top Go down

Post by auntslappy282 on Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:03 am

"I'll take a Jack and Terry & Prachet please," The elf said, happy to have another pet.
auntslappy282
Teh not so agonizing Agony Aunt.

Rhune stones : 103

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next