Den #1 Rue/Scarlet [Rayquaza7996][Pushing PG13][DONE!]

Go down

Den #1 Rue/Scarlet [Rayquaza7996][Pushing PG13][DONE!]

Post by Rayquaza7996 on Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:03 am

[ELE used on the second, Scarlet]

A scrap of scarlet silk was tied around the little fox's neck as she slipped into the room, Rue right behind her. They had been best friends for a long time - longer than she could really remember - but it was only now that they were really getting to know each other. They weren't sure why they'd ended up coming this far, no, but they had. It'd make a lovely poem, though.

Would this be forever?
Would they stay together?
So many questions, hanging like strings.
Was this truly love?
Sent from up above?
Brought down from Heaven on angel's wings.

(The green witches note: Closing date for the den is 31st of August, I think o3o)

Last edited by Rayquaza7996 on Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:51 am; edited 2 times in total

Rayquaza7996
Crazy Snake Lady!

Rhune stones : 533

Back to top Go down

Re: Den #1 Rue/Scarlet [Rayquaza7996][Pushing PG13][DONE!]

Post by Rayquaza7996 on Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:09 am

"Er..." Scarlet began. There was a heavy, awkward silence, not easy to break. She held a bottle in her hands. She was supposed to drink this, of course, but she'd like to talk a bit about...this, what they were going to go through with. Make sure it was okay. "So, Rue, it's pretty roomy in here, right?"

"Completely. It'd be a nice place to set up my loom. I could embroider one of your poems into a quilt. They're so lovely." Her eyes sparkled with interest. That was the trick, just change the subject. Neither fox would take human form, it always seemed to make things so much harder to talk.

Rayquaza7996
Crazy Snake Lady!

Back to top Go down

Post by Rayquaza7996 on Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:21 am

Scarlet curled her legs and lept up onto the soft feather mattress, thumping her tail to signal Rue to do the same. Soon, they were both curled up, facing each other but not touching. This was the most comfortable way for them to discuss things.

"So...How's your mum doing? I know she always hated me for being, well...gay, and that she's all but disowned you for the same, but you must still keep tabs on her, right, Scar? I mean...she's your mother!" Rue's eyes were wide with both interest and worry - what if she was wrong and Scarlet had cut her ties to her past?

Scarlet nodded. "She's doing fine. I miss Father...all I have left of him is my scarlet...he was so much nicer, so much more openminded. I'm glad your mum took me in...I can't imagine what would have happened if she hadn't. I've gotten tougher, I could survive on my own, but I was so weak and innocent back then..."

"You're still innocent..."

Rayquaza7996
Crazy Snake Lady!

Back to top Go down

Post by Rayquaza7996 on Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:54 am

[4/25]

Scarlet blinked, and then blushed as red as her dear scarlet scrap. She still wasn't certain about going through with this, but after all they'd gone through, she'd not say no when the time came, certain or not.

"...not for long..." she said quietly, under her breath - almost a threat to herself, remember why you're here, with the one you love.

"Hmm? What was that?" Rue asked. Was Scarlet okay? She seemed worried...was she being too forceful with her friend?

Rayquaza7996
Crazy Snake Lady!

Back to top Go down

Post by Rayquaza7996 on Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:00 am

[5/25]

"I said, not too long. We're already a fifth a way through the day...time sure flies, huh, love?" The word was strange, foreign, almost. She'd never called Rue that before, not even on dates, never. It was a completely new thing, though, just like this was. Foreign territory. Their love - their friendship, even - was a boat, sailing on into it, bent on discovering everything, and risking it all.

"Wow...time is passing so quickly. Is that just what life's like? A dagger that never stops pushing on until it finally reaches the heart and kills us?" Rue sighed.

"That's a bit morbid. It's more like a cake baking!"

Rayquaza7996
Crazy Snake Lady!

Back to top Go down

Post by Rayquaza7996 on Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:04 am

[6/25]

"I suppose you're right. Now's no time to be depressed! After all...life is good. I mean, look at what it's given us - a home, a family, each other...It's like God loves me and is smiling down on me because he feels bad about how bad my past's been or something. I always figured he was a bad guy, but maybe he's not..."

"Hey, don't you be whining about your past. I'm the one who got disowned and whose father is dead, after all!" Scarlet giggled.

"Point taken."

Rayquaza7996
Crazy Snake Lady!

Back to top Go down

Post by Rayquaza7996 on Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:36 pm

[7/25]

"So...what now? Isn't this when couples would normally talk about themselves and their histories and their families or something? This whole romance thing is really confusing, am I right?" Scarlet asked. There was an odd, almost stressed note to her voice - she felt like she was surrounded in chaos and disorder, after all, and now this was just a lot to take in...

"Are you okay? We don't have to go through with this," Rue said. "We could do any number of other things. We could just go back home and say they had to close the room for technical reasons. Or because there was a fire. We could even start a -"

"No, no, I'm fine. It's just that...so much is going on. It's a lot for a fox to take in..." Scarlet sighed. It was ironic, actually - normally Scarlet was the tougher one of the pair. Actually, now that she thought about it, Rue found the reason for her stress and weakness obvious - she was afraid. Scarlet had never really been afraid before. Even when her mother had abandoned her, it had been anger and not fear that had dominated her raging heart. Had she ever really been scared?

Rayquaza7996
Crazy Snake Lady!

Back to top Go down

Post by Rayquaza7996 on Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:46 pm

[8/25]

Something snapped Rue out of her thinking - Scarlet's wavering voice singing some song or another. What was this one? She couldn't remember...it wasn't anything of Rue's writing, but still...

"Empty house far away, lost in lonely space, you know you've felt the same...From the shallows of love, to the depth of your scars, you know you want to change..." She fell silent for a moment. Was that all? Rue wondered.

"In the rafters of fate, fixed and spinning late, there is a certain fear; even light with control, lights outside our homes, wait for every tear..." Silence again. Was this is true end? What was this song about anyways? It was -

"So exit the fall..." The black and white baku fox shook her head. "I'm done. That song - somehow this all made it seem so much more familiar. That's not the whole thing, but I don't remember the rest...I think it was called Falling Up Fearless...but I'm not positive. It's been a while since I've been to anywhere with music...I miss home. Not your home, which I'm very thankful for, but my real home. I miss Father. I even miss Mother, evil bitch that she is...I'm scared, Rue."

Rayquaza7996
Crazy Snake Lady!

Back to top Go down

Post by Rayquaza7996 on Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:44 pm

[9/25]

"I'm scared, Rue.

The words shocked the myst-purple fox. Scarlet was so tough, so brave, so...so...tenacious. She was never frightened. Always steadfast in her strength...

"Don't be. I'm here for you, love."

"Promise?"

"Promise."

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Empty house far away
lost in lonely space
you know you felt the same

From the shallows of love
to the depths of your scars
you know you want to change

In the rafters of fate
fixed and spinning late
there is a certain fear

Even light with control
lights outside our homes
wait for every tear

So exit the fall and now it's over
you're letting it fall before your heart
so exit the fall and now it's over

Rayquaza7996
Crazy Snake Lady!

Back to top Go down

Post by Rayquaza7996 on Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:22 am

[10/25]

"Hey, Scarlet?"

The two had been sitting around in silence for several minutes when Rue shattered the quiet. It hadn't been an awkward silence, but rather a peaceful one. The moment for silence, however, was past.

"Yes, love?" She was falling in love with those words. It made her feel - it made all of this feel - so much more concrete and tangible. Maybe those were the wrong words - it was, after all, really quite tangible - but it felt so ghostlike, so far away, so...dreamlike.

"Do you ever feel like you're just another piece on God's chessboard?"

"That's a silly thing to think. God's too lazy to do much of anything. And Lady Nyx doesn't play with people. Don't worry."

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Empty house far away
lost in lonely space

In the rafters of fate
fixed and spinning late
there is a certain fear

Even light with control
lights outside our homes
wait for every tear

Rayquaza7996
Crazy Snake Lady!

Back to top Go down

Post by Rayquaza7996 on Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:04 pm

"Sometimes it feels like we're balancing on feathers, doesn't it? Like we have to do everything perfect and even then we'll probably loose? Is that how life's supposed to be, do you think?...I mean...it's my life," Scarlet said. "It's how our relationship works, too. Everything feels like it's about to break and we can do things to keep it from breaking but they're little things and even cumulatively they can't help and it's all breaking down and it makes no sense and - oh god, Rue, this is all so confusing, is life supposed to be all weird and broken and -"

"Shush. It's okay. Deep breaths, Scar. It'll all be okay."

Empty house far away
lost in lonely space

In the rafters of fate
fixed and spinning late
there is a certain fear

Even light with control
lights outside our homes
wait for every tear

Rayquaza7996
Crazy Snake Lady!

Back to top Go down

Post by Rayquaza7996 on Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:27 am

[12/25]

"It feels sort of like we're rambling. Like we're talking on and on for no real reason! Why are we doing this? It's silly!" Scarlet whined.

"To pass time. It's not dark yet, and everyone knows, we can't be close until then."

"Unusual euphemism you have there, love."

"I dislike being straightforward."

"Or straight."

"True."

Empty house far away
lost in lonely space

In the rafters of fate
fixed and spinning late
there is a certain fear

Even light with control
lights outside our homes
wait for every tear

Rayquaza7996
Crazy Snake Lady!

Back to top Go down

Post by Rayquaza7996 on Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:03 pm

"You know, some people say being gay is wrong. Like it makes you a monster, or something. It's interesting listening to them, and then figuring out that you were gay...or already knowing, but they don't."

"Why would people think there is something wrong with gay people?"

"Beats me, love. Beats me."

Empty house far away
lost in lonely space

In the rafters of fate
fixed and spinning late
there is a certain fear

Even light with control
lights outside our homes
wait for every tear

Rayquaza7996
Crazy Snake Lady!

Back to top Go down

Post by Rayquaza7996 on Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:45 am

[14/25]

"I think they're scared of things that are different. They want magic a to be magic a. You know what I mean?" Scarlet sighed. Rue nodded. Who wasn't scared of something different - a variation? An aberration? Similar words.

Empty house far away
lost in lonely space

In the rafters of fate
fixed and spinning late
there is a certain fear

Even light with control
lights outside our homes
wait for every tear

Rayquaza7996
Crazy Snake Lady!

Back to top Go down

Post by Rayquaza7996 on Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:54 pm

"Well, love, you're very different. I still adore you." There was a grin on Scarlet's face as she spoke, and it widened when Rue's lit up. Beautiful. "Then again, us aberrations have to stick together. We could take human form. Make this discussion a tad easier. And by discussion," she grinned, "I mean kissing you."

Rue rolled her eyes, though she was secretly quite happy - Scarlet was back to normal. She stretched out, and shifted forms; Scarlet did similar.

Empty house far away
lost in lonely space

In the rafters of fate
fixed and spinning late
there is a certain fear

Even light with control
lights outside our homes
wait for every tear

Rayquaza7996
Crazy Snake Lady!

Back to top Go down

Post by Rayquaza7996 on Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:10 pm

[16/25]

As promised, Scarlet embraced Rue, kissing her quite a bit more gently than one might have expected. This wasn't new. Rue was the weaker, less "dominant" of the two, and in her human form was about six, seven inches shorter, with long, lilac-gray hair and silky skin with an almost purplish hint, and eyes like ink; Scarlet had charcoal-black hair and bright green eyes over soft ivory skin.

Empty house far away
lost in lonely space

In the rafters of fate
fixed and spinning late
there is a certain fear

Even light with control
lights outside our homes
wait for every tear

Rayquaza7996
Crazy Snake Lady!

Back to top Go down

Post by Rayquaza7996 on Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:45 pm

"Thanks, Scarlet," Rue sighed, letting go of her. "I feel a bit less stressed now."

"No problem," she laughed. "I thought as much. Gosh. it's already four. I'm hungry. Geeze louise, why isn't there any food here?"

Empty house far away
lost in lonely space

In the rafters of fate
fixed and spinning late
there is a certain fear

Even light with control
lights outside our homes
wait for every tear

Rayquaza7996
Crazy Snake Lady!

Back to top Go down

Post by Rayquaza7996 on Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:41 am

Rue laughed. "I suppose we could nose around here. They must have put some somewhere. Seriously, it's not like starving helps any. Heck, I hear it leads to miscarriage." She turned to her friend. "You check down there, I'll check over there."

After some rather tedious searching, they found a tin of cold spaghetti, a bottle of cheap wine, some old, chipped goblets, and a shaker of salt. With some effort, they managed to scrape together a fancy-looking (if not fancy-tasting) meal.

"Eat up."

Empty house far away
lost in lonely space

In the rafters of fate
fixed and spinning late
there is a certain fear

Even light with control
lights outside our homes
wait for every tear

Rayquaza7996
Crazy Snake Lady!

Back to top Go down

Post by Rayquaza7996 on Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:48 am

The wine was not only lukewarm, but rather gross-tasting. It was more like beer stirred into juice than the actual drink. Still, it was something to drink, which was really a relief. The spaghetti was cold and a bit stale, but certainly edible; the sauce was thick and pasty, but still good. Nit the most appetizing meal, but, with an improvised candle, at least slightly romantic. There would be better...but hey. Free food. No one would complain about such.

"It's better than my pa's cooking!" Scarlet joked. She had been very close to her father before he had passed on, and they'd always joked about his cooking together. It had actually been quite good, but they needed something to make fun of each other about.

Empty house far away
lost in lonely space

In the rafters of fate
fixed and spinning late
there is a certain fear

Even light with control
lights outside our homes
wait for every tear

Rayquaza7996
Crazy Snake Lady!

Back to top Go down

Post by Rayquaza7996 on Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:55 am

Rue laughed. "It's not as good as Mum's. She said she was okay with us doing this, but I'm still worried."

"Hey, if she thought there was something wrong, she would have told you, right? Anyways, even if she's not, I'll care for you, I promise. I'm tough, and you are too. We can take on anything or anyone!"

"I suppose you're right. You know, maybe we should have used the candle to warm the food."

"Nah, it'd warm all weird and different."

Empty house far away
lost in lonely space

In the rafters of fate
fixed and spinning late
there is a certain fear

Even light with control
lights outside our homes
wait for every tear

Rayquaza7996
Crazy Snake Lady!

Back to top Go down

Post by Rayquaza7996 on Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:39 am

[21/25][I'm sorry if this is over the deadline, timezones]

"True..."

"Of course it's true!" Scarlet scoffed. "I met a crazy girl who said the same about something called hot pockets in something called a microwave."

"What's that?"

"Hell if I know!" She took a large bite of her spaghetti and swallowed.

Empty house far away
lost in lonely space

In the rafters of fate
fixed and spinning late
there is a certain fear

Even light with control
lights outside our homes
wait for every tear

Rayquaza7996
Crazy Snake Lady!

Back to top Go down

Post by Rayquaza7996 on Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:42 am

[22/25]

"Be polite, love," Rue sighed, rolling her eyes. "Have you seen my needle and thread? I ought to finish the sweater before nightfall..."

"Oh, don't worry about it. You can finish it tomorrow." There was a lot of tension in the air, perfect for awkward silences and such, but they continued to make small talk. Nothing better to do.

"I figured you'd say as much."

Empty house far away
lost in lonely space

In the rafters of fate
fixed and spinning late
there is a certain fear

Even light with control
lights outside our homes
wait for every tear

Rayquaza7996
Crazy Snake Lady!

Back to top Go down

Post by Rayquaza7996 on Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:47 am

[23/25]

"It'll be sunset soon. We could watch it from the window." Scarlet grinned. "Forgive me for not acting more flirty, I really don't know how to do so. Had to spend a lot of my life hiding who I was, after all, at least when Mother could hear of it. Father knew, but he's -"

"Don't talk about it. Let the dead rest in peace." She politely finished her meal and, after returning to fox form just like Scarlet, walked over to the window where she sat.

Empty house far away
lost in lonely space

In the rafters of fate
fixed and spinning late
there is a certain fear

Even light with control
lights outside our homes
wait for every tear

Rayquaza7996
Crazy Snake Lady!

Back to top Go down

Post by Rayquaza7996 on Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:48 am

[24/25]

As the sun descended, they sat in silence, knowing what would happen when it was gone. It was a bit of a frightening thought, but - hey. That was life. Sometimes you tests the waters, other times you jumped in headfirst and prayed to God it wasn't actually acid.

"It's lovely," Rue said softly.

"Not as lovely as you."

Empty house far away
lost in lonely space

In the rafters of fate
fixed and spinning late
there is a certain fear

Even light with control
lights outside our homes
wait for every tear

Rayquaza7996
Crazy Snake Lady!

Back to top Go down

Post by Rayquaza7996 on Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:51 am

The sun had exited the sky now, and Rue turned to Scarlet. Only the makeshift candle illuminated the den. Traditionally, a child would be born in a den, though it was a bit different nowadays. Still...

"Are you ready for this?"

((god I hate writing romance...HI MOUSEN 8D))

Empty house far away
lost in lonely space

In the rafters of fate
fixed and spinning late
there is a certain fear

Even light with control
lights outside our homes
wait for every tear