Parenting With The Deadsong Family! 8D [Open]

Go down

Parenting With The Deadsong Family! 8D [Open]

Post by Rayquaza7996 on Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:28 am

The eloquent Mari Deadsong and her mate, the angel-form purebred Night Quetzal Kaido Bloodsong, were coiled around a couple chairs in front of a table, a white board between them. Mari held a long white pointer in her jaws, Kaido held a marker in his hands. Easily visible in front of Mari was a dangerous-looking whip. Written on the white board in bright colorful lettering and surrounded in hearts, baby birds, and flowers were the words "Parenting 101 8D!" She wrote on different nametags the reserved names - Ray, for instance. They were ready!

Rayquaza7996
Crazy Snake Lady!

Rhune stones : 533

Back to top Go down

Post by Pickle on Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:26 pm

Cyrn entered the room and greeted Kaido and Mari. He was here to learn how to take care of his eggs and, when they hatched, his hatchlings. Of course, Pickle wouldn't let him leave them at the cottage while he was gone because she wasn't there to take care of them and some other creatures living there weren't too trustworthy. Therefore, he had to take them here. Cyrn was carrying one egg in his left mouth and another in his right; he was being very careful not to damage them in any way. Carrying these eggs in his mouths didn't effect his speech, of course, because he only used his middle mouth to talk. The other's were more for... picking up stuff or eating while he was talking. It was a good thing he didn't have to take care of all four, since he would probably have all of his mouths full and one wrapped up in his tail, and that would be a heavy load.

Ray followed in behind Cyrn. Zoey, naturally, was clinging to his tail protectively as if she were going to put up a fuss if anyone made her let go. She was Ray's 'curse'; Zo wouldn't stop bothering him as an egg and now throws a big tantrum if she has to be somewhere he isn't. So, Ray had finally given in to the tiny quetzal's demands and allowed her to come along, hoping she would occupy herself with picture books while he was in 'class'. He seemed a little embarrassed to be here, acting as though it might not be good for his reputation. He did, however, need to learn how to take care of this little... three-headed girl, since if anything happened to her is would be all his fault. He flew over to Mari and said, "Hello. You must be... Deadlock's daughter. I'm here for the, uh... lesson."
Zoey dropped from his tail while he was talking and made her way over to Cyrn. She poked at him with her snout and looked up at the round objects in his mouths, curious at what they were.
Pickle
Leader of the Invisible Ninjaas! I mean... Erm... Just plain Pickle.

Rhune stones : 324

Back to top Go down

Re: Parenting With The Deadsong Family! 8D [Open]

Post by Rayquaza7996 on Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:15 am

"I am Miss Mari, daughter of Deadlock Deadsong and Bloodlord, and this this my mate Kaido, son of Deadlock Deadsong and L. Kael. We're your teachers! Okay, so what do we already know about parenting?"

Rayquaza7996
Crazy Snake Lady!

Back to top Go down

Post by MousenHeath on Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:06 am

"Nyxia, mistress; I beg of you not to force me into this, for it is unnecessary and a waste of precious time." Two human figures entered the library. Nyxia in her wonderful deep blue cloak, that seemed to have little tiny stars in bedded in it; it was a perfect replica of the night sky; even down to the moonstone fastening around her neck. Black curly hair hung down to her waist and a small silver pendant hung around her neck. Snakes of black onyx curled up her arm; their selenite eyes glinting. Her heart shaped face had a worried crease as her deep grey eyes scanned the room with some apprehension. Gwenwyn was too stunning in her own way; she hadn't even dared look at her corset since she'd met Cyrn and so a loose green low top was her choice today, it was rather low cut and the material was thin; only it's many layered style kept it from being too revealing. She held a wickerwork basket, inside just visible were two eggs, both wrapped in as many blankets as the basket would allow. Her expression was hard set; angry even. Gwen's black hair was shorter that Nyxia's and it hung in a tangled mane.

"It will do you good; I understand the fact that this may bring back old demons; but you can't hide from them; nor ignore them." Nyxia sighed; too much was going on. She could even sense Grim many shelves back. Truth be told she couldn't trust herself to stay any longer. Gwenwyn sighed; resigned to her fate. She didn't like this, she knew how she was going to bring up her children; no matter what Cyrn said and...

"CYRN!" She called, popping the basket down in one of the chairs and quickly switching to her quetzal form. She pelted toward him; landing gracefully about a foot away from where he stood. It was then she felt nervous; she hoped the swelling around his eye had gone down; she hadn't acted the nicest while she had been pregnant. She smiled slightly, it was a nervous smile; though it looked unnerving her long poisonous teeth showing more than normal.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________
Down the winding path he trod,
Kilholmes in his wake.
For the silvy estolhod,
And the hoolesnake.
MousenHeath
The Scary Admin. Mwahaha!

Rhune stones : 150

http://islandofnyx.forum-motion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pickle on Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:04 am

Cyrn looked looked down at Zoey. He bent his left head down so she could get a better look at the egg inside, but he didn't set it down because he was afraid she might accidentally hurt it. Zoey looked at the egg curiously and nuzzled it with her snout very gently. she could hear a little thump-thump coming from inside of it. This interested her, but when she saw the green lady coming she got scared, so she slithered/flew to the back of the room. Cyrn's left head pulled up to eye level with Gwenwyn. His eye was still a bit swollen, but it had healed for the most part. He tried smiling but felt the egg slip, so he had to be careful about that. He turned his middle head to look at her and smiled.
"Hey~" he said hapily, clearly very pleased to see her. "It's great to see you. Um... would you mind if I set these two in the basket? I think they'd be a bit safer in there..." he smiled again, hoping that she wouldn't bite him. He looked back over at Mari when she spoke and raised his tail. He didn't know if he needed to do so to get picked, but this was a class, right?

Ray was already getting bored. He didn't have a very long attention span, and the whip was the only thing really keeping him focused. He turned his head back and looked at Zoey, who had taken refuge from the green lady in an empty place between two books on the bottom shelf.
Now, Ray didn't know much about parenting. At all. He knew that the kids had to... eat and... sleep. But that was pretty much it. Zoey could be playing with fire right now and he wouldn't really care or know what to do. So it seemed like he really needed this class. He looked over at Cyrn and Gwenwyn and laughed a little to himself. He poked at Cyrn and asked rudely and jokingly, "Is that the girl you banged? I think you could've done better..." The reply from Cyrn was a whip in the face with his tail and a glare. "Be more respectful." Cyrn hissed in a low voice, obviously not to pleased with the way Ray spoke about his mate. He would've tried to bite him as well, but he wasn't exactly sure that the teacher would like that.
Pickle

Back to top Go down

Post by Rayquaza7996 on Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:08 am

Mari, unfortunately for Ray, had overheard, and in less than a second she had her whip in her jaws and a mean glint in her eyes. Mari wasn't someone to mess around with. Mari was someone to listen to, or else. More unassuming than her mother, few would have guessed her nature, though.

"We will be respectful or this will be painful. Now, as I asked before, what does everyone know about parenting? Kaido, be a dear and clear the white board, please? I'm worried to put this down, it seems like a fight is likely...Dears, don't bother with raising hands or tails or whatever, we're hardly children, after all. Except maybe for Ray there..."

Kaido didn't even bother objecting.

Rayquaza7996
Crazy Snake Lady!

Back to top Go down

Post by MousenHeath on Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:21 am

"I caught that." Came the hiss, for a moment the killer instinct took over; she dismissed it quickly. "The situation I'm in prevents me from dragging out your death in the most painful way possible. Though I would like to point your attention to the fact that I have never failed Nyxia in what I do, and what I do is drag people's death out in the most pain possible. Your "unfortunate" demise would be no harder than squishing a particularly irksome fly. Understood?" She growled, her voce mere more than a whisper; though the emotion behind it was, very, very dangerous. It was the emotion that took over on the battlefield; the slight instability that she carried with her at all times. It was controlled to a point; yet it didn't stop her venom filled fangs from looking any less intimidating, a drop of cloudy venom hit the wool carpet with a hiss.

"It's not wise to teach your children to kill mercilessly; then cheat, it only ends up in a sticky situation." She answered in response to Mary. Her knowledge of parenting was limited.

(Fail.)

____________________________________________________________________________________________________
Down the winding path he trod,
Kilholmes in his wake.
For the silvy estolhod,
And the hoolesnake.
MousenHeath
The Scary Admin. Mwahaha!

Rhune stones : 150

http://islandofnyx.forum-motion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rayquaza7996 on Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:25 am

(Mari)

Mari smiled and wrote it down. Though she could certainly hear the conversation, she really didn't care. "Correct! Anyone else?"

Rayquaza7996
Crazy Snake Lady!

Back to top Go down

Post by Pickle on Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:35 am

Cyrn smiled a little at Ray's completely terrified lookfrom the responses of both women. He slid back over to his seat and kept his mouth shut. Cyrn's satisfied smile turned into a humorous one as he said, "Well, one way to be a good parent is to not act like him." he mointed his tail at the terrified Ray. All of a sudden, a bit of a pain hit his tail. He looked at it and saw Zoey hanging on to it with her teeth and growling. Apparently she was trying to be... agressive? How cute. "See what I mean? He's a bad influence." Cyrn gently picked her up with his middle mouth and set her over by Ray, then placed his two eggs in the basket with the others.

Ray looked down at Zoey who had now made herself comfortable in the coil of his tail. He smiled, pretty proud of what she had just done. What a bad father.
Pickle

Back to top Go down

Post by Rayquaza7996 on Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:41 am

"Relatively correct!" She wrote down "do not be judgemental" under "do not teach them to painfully murder people for no real reason."

"Now, children quetzal should usually be fed their meat at least partially shredded, to prevent choking, feeding them larger and larger pieces until they're old enough to manage on their own. An easy supply of fresh water is also good. Alternatively, young quetzals can survive on cow's milk or similar, but this can cause dependency and even an inability to digest properly as we adapt to what we eat in our early years. I'll assume you know the tale of Deviant and what it implies, of course. Any questions so far?"

Kaido scribbled advice furiously.

Rayquaza7996
Crazy Snake Lady!

Back to top Go down

Post by Pickle on Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:00 am

Ray looked at Mari as if she were speaking a foreign language. "Um... So like... I have to tear up meat before I give it to Zo? Oh..." Ray said, recalling the last meals he had with her. He would simply toss her a large hunk of meat and allow her to tear her way into it on her own. Oops...

Zoey looked up at him when she heard the words 'meat'. She poked at him and said, " 'M hungry, daddeh...."

Cyrn thought a minute then said, "And eggs... they have to be kept warm right? So they don't freeze." He had always tried to keep his two little eggs at a comfortable tempature, not wanting them to overheat but not wanting them to freeze, either.
Pickle

Back to top Go down

Post by Rayquaza7996 on Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:14 am

"There's some food over there. I had Kaido rip it up for you guys, since I know you need to concentrate." She flashed a beaming smile before continuing. "In a lot of cases, yes, Cyrn, though it does vary from egg to egg. Like my species, we live in caves deep below ground, so we can take the cold. Still, it's a good idea, since we don't know your case."

Rayquaza7996
Crazy Snake Lady!

Back to top Go down

Post by Pickle on Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:43 am

Zoey immediately headed to the food while Ray half listened to what Mari was saying. She started seating with all three heads and didn't stop until you could actually see her belly bulging. She looked over at Ray and was about to head back over to him when she was distracted by the basket. She had just noticed it and, like most young, was very curious. While Cyrn wasn't looking, Zoey wiggled her way over to the basket and climbed into it; almost immediately falling asleep in the blankets among the eggs.

Cyrn nodded and glanced at the basket, wondering if the eggs were the right temperature. He could worry so much at times... Cyrn's right head glanced over at Ray for a moment, which was returned by a glare. Directing his attention back to Mari, Cyrn asked, "Are there any specifics that you know of that could be hazardous to hatchlings?"
Pickle

Back to top Go down

Post by Rayquaza7996 on Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:56 am

"Well...hatchlings ought to stay away from nonsafe foods. Some foods that we can stomach - like pufferfish - are really dangerous to hatchlings. Also, since they're smaller, there's a lot of animals that can kill and eat them...so keep a close eye. Last of all, be really careful with disease. A lot of children are killed through it..."

Rayquaza7996
Crazy Snake Lady!

Back to top Go down

Post by Pickle on Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:53 am

Cyrn nodded. "Okay." he said, making a mental note of that. He heard a little bit of noise coming from the basket, and out of his fatherly paranoidness, he flew over to check it out. Of course, Cyrn almost had a heart attack.

All four of the eggs had hatched, apparently all at the same time! He could tell which two he had to take care of from their color; it was pretty much the same as the egg itself had been. There were little pointy egg shards laying around the children, so he scrambled to get those out just incase his babies might hurt themselves. He noticed Zoey nestled between all of them and it scared him half to death; for a second he thought one egg had two quetzals in it. Then he recognized the little girl and gave a sigh of relief. "Gwenwyn! Gwenwyn, they hatched!" he said excitedly. He didn't make a move to pick them up, though; he had been warned before that they 'might be very poisonous.'

Ray looked over with a curious eye but didn't get out of his seat; half because he was afraid of Mari, and half because he didn't really care that Cyrn would know enter the hell he thought he was living in.

Zoey woke up and looked at the little quetzals around her. They were a bit smaller since she was older, but it shocked her to see more there. With a loud 'meep!' she flew/scrambled her way out of the basket and managed to get over to Ray, where she hid behind him.
Pickle

Back to top Go down

Post by Rayquaza7996 on Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:13 am

"I assumed such might have happened <3 Over at the food counter, there's some good stuff for newborns <3 Good luck! Hmm...The Gradient and Brown-bellied ones are female, if that's any help.

Empty house far away
lost in lonely space
you know you felt the same

From the shallows of love
to the depths of your scars
you know you want to change

In the rafters of fate
fixed and spinning late
there is a certain fear

Even light with control
lights outside our homes
wait for every tear

So exit the fall and now it's over
you're letting it fall before your heart
so exit the fall and now it's over
you're letting it fall before your heart

Rayquaza7996
Crazy Snake Lady!

Back to top Go down

Post by Rayquaza7996 on Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:15 am

"I assumed such might have happened <3 Over at the food counter, there's some good stuff for newborns <3 Good luck! Hmm...TheGradient and Albino ones are female, if that's any help.

Empty house far away
lost in lonely space
you know you felt the same

From the shallows of love
to the depths of your scars
you know you want to change

In the rafters of fate
fixed and spinning late
there is a certain fear

Even light with control
lights outside our homes
wait for every tear